PDA

View Full Version : underwater dungeon

idontknow
04-18-2003, 04:21 PM
What's the best way to go about making an "underwater" dungeon? I need suggestions for doing so; what sort of enemies should I use? Should it be a cave dmap type or dungeon? Should there be doors that you have to swim under? Should it be full of water combos or shallow water combos? What sort of puzzles should be included? What should the boss be? also, is there some sort of way to make a trigger that you activate by diving?--probably not but i'm just double-checking...any help would again be much appreciated

Verbatim
04-18-2003, 04:53 PM
I know there are dive warps and there's also dive->item...

I don't think there's a dive-trigger, but you could fake one using a dive warp easily. Just make a second screen with the changes you want, and check the "secret sound" check box, so the secret sound plays the moment they get warped in.

redmage777
04-18-2003, 05:29 PM
I modified Parta 2 to be the Jellyfish boss from Lord Jabu Jabu's belly. It works pritty well.

idontknow
04-18-2003, 06:19 PM
could i have these tiles you used for the patra 2, redmage?

Teilyr
04-19-2003, 09:08 AM
Something simple to add.. On your combo table, make a new set of flooring that are all slow walk combos. This way, it'll seem like Link is underwater when walking around.

Blankboard
04-19-2003, 08:18 PM
make every walkable tile a slow- walk tile and make layer 6 transparent light blue and layer 5 bubbles.... then you have your under water section.... most of the dungeon though would be above water....

idontknow
04-19-2003, 09:34 PM
hmm..these are some neat ideas...what enemies should be included in this dungeon?

Blankboard
04-20-2003, 12:18 AM
Ropes... Zoras.... Leevers.... and Tektites.... In my opinion

redmage777
04-20-2003, 10:31 AM
idontknow, I'll send it a soon as I can trasfer it from my (off-line) computer to my dads On-line computer. Are yuo useing Pure Palattes? If you are the every thing should be fine.

Kratheous
04-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Hmmmmmm... That sounds neat... Mind if I have a look too? You could submit them to one of the tile areas (PureZC's loose tile DB, ZCN's Tile DB, The Tileshop)

Octorok101
04-20-2003, 07:47 PM
blue gellies, fast moving fish, electric sponges, the jelly fish form warlock's sprite sheet, crabs, eels, ...

Need anymore?

idontknow
04-20-2003, 09:28 PM
wait, octorok...are you saying you have these sprites?..can you please post these in the developers' exchange forum if you do? i would love these! what enemies should each of these be used for? and yes, i am using the puretileset

TheGeepster
04-23-2003, 03:43 AM
Hey, perhaps gibdos with some fish sprites would work well for underwater dungeons. That is, if you're not using them elsewhere.

Yoshiman
04-26-2003, 11:50 PM
Too bad we don't have a "wavy" screen flag. It could be used to make the temple look all wavy. Like in OOA. But what you should do is have 2 floors. One being a dry floor, and the other be a completly underwater one. You could make little patches of light to mark where you could go up.

redmage777
04-27-2003, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find them... (It's been a week I know And I am notorios for never getting around to putting pictures onlne) I recently did a Ecland-Style overhaul to the copy of Pure Set that had them on it, I think thats when I lost them...

Octorok101
05-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Just about all of them can be found in warlocks sprite sheet. For the blue jells recolor gels from the sheet of use the LttP on. I personally would use the LttP ones. The eels could replace the ropes. If you really need the eels PM me and I can make you some. For the rest you should be able to figure out a good place for them.

Oh! you should have Blowfish! Edit the Blue Octo. to look like a BlowFish! That would be cool....