PDA

View Full Version : Time Splitters 2?

Cronic
04-18-2003, 11:53 AM
Ok so I have a few questions....

A: What is the relevence of the arcade games... anaconda etc...

B: It plays JUST likr Goldeneye more or less... More so than Perfect Dark so who made this, and really... why is it Goldeneye? The sounds, and Cameras are exact... It's crazy...

C: Did the GCN version come with a level creastor :P ?

All in all it's a pretty good game so far for what it is... The control is a bit icky, but oh well I guess.

El Oso Verde
04-18-2003, 12:37 PM
I believe a large percentage of the Goldeneye team worked on Timesplitters 1 and 2. At least that's what a lot of news sites said at the time it was being worked on.

I haven't played either of the TS games much, how are they?

Cronic
04-18-2003, 03:42 PM
It's actually pretty decent... Has some issues, but it's more like a Goldeneye sequel than Perfect Dark was. Also what I find odd is that there aren't any elements from PD in the game at all =/ I would have liked the disarm and hold up options :(

DarkDragoonX
04-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
I would have liked the disarm and hold up options :(

I prefer shooting everything that moves, myself. I shoot things that don't move, too, because hey, that toaster might be an evil toaster.

Cronic
04-18-2003, 04:02 PM
Heh I like options ;)

AlexMax
04-18-2003, 07:44 PM
I personally thought that GCN (and all the other versions) Timesplitters 2 was 'OK'. I played it and liked it for a while, but I havn't touched it in months. The GCN omits nothing (I don't think) except some versions MIGHT have a networking mode. It controls great, but I just don't like the multiplayer levels. I also personally liked PD a lot more than Goldeneye and wish they had carried over some of the features like fast weapon switch and secondary fire.

Kairyu
04-18-2003, 09:37 PM
TS2 was created by a team made up of mostly ex-Rare employees, which explains similarities... and why PD0 looks so different already, it's a different team.

The designers said in a Nintendo Power interview that the framerate on games like PD and GE007 could drop really low, and that they felt the point of a FPS was... uh, good framerate, or something like that, I think... well, anyway, they took out a lot of features added for PD like multiple functions for all guns, and "Dizzy" attacks, to keep the framerate high. You really have to push it to get it to drop, as you probably noticed. Unless you use explosives. But that's always gonna happen, I think.

I'm pretty sure all versions have a mapmaker. What annoys me is that it's kind of buggy, and the uncompleted Gothic Tileset was a bit of a letdown.

And I kinda wish Paintball was an option, instead of a cheat... besides, that last cut-out shooting challenge is a real pain with the overly-sensitive controller.

Blonde799
04-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Ok so I have a few questions....

A: What is the relevence of the arcade games... anaconda etc...

B: It plays JUST likr Goldeneye more or less... More so than Perfect Dark so who made this, and really... why is it Goldeneye? The sounds, and Cameras are exact... It's crazy...

C: Did the GCN version come with a level creator :P ?

All in all it's a pretty good game so far for what it is... The control is a bit icky, but oh well I guess.
A:They're just games you pick up for fun. You know, more extras.:)
B:Free Radical Design developed this, which is basically a team made up mostly of ex Rare members(the ones who did Goldeneye for the N64).
C:All versions should've came with a level editor. If not, I feel sorry for those who don't have a PS2.:p

I love this game. Although I really wish that they sat down and really thought about making better improvements on the level editor. It's kind of incomplete, and even with some new features, it's still as limited and almost as boring as the first one.

Ian
04-19-2003, 05:00 PM
The GCN version does indeed have a map maker. Though, I found it a bit more complicated than I would have liked. I liked it, the best multiplayer game I ever had was with all mines and grenades. It was a lot of fun, and the Prox. Mines really toped the cake.

Blonde799
04-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Once the CPUs get a hold of those, I never survive because they always plop 'em everywhere.:cry:

Ian
04-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
Once the CPUs get a hold of those, I never survive because they always plop 'em everywhere.:cry:

That's the fun part -_- My strategy is to just build up Prox. mines near weapon spawns, that always get their attention :giggle:

The best mini game is Lunar Lander. Though I haven't gotten the 3rd one (it's almost impossible to get, need to find it on one of the last levels on hard, yet I can't even beat the first level on hard :mad2: ) You get Lunar Lander in NeoTokyo in one of the lockers (I'm pretty sure) on Normal. If you dont have it yet, your missing out!

EWild
04-24-2003, 05:15 PM
The only thing that pissed me off was that not all guns had a 2nd. feature. :\

Also the Level Editor is easy to learn, pretty basic IMHO.

Ian
04-24-2003, 07:49 PM
I couldn't rembember what buttons to push to do the different things, that's why I don't like it

Matteo
04-24-2003, 08:22 PM
The Game pretty much kicks ass.. My only complaint was that there just wasn't enough guns and or weapon variety in the game...

Blonde799
04-25-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Ian
I couldn't rembember what buttons to push to do the different things, that's why I don't like it
Yeah, they don't exactly tell you how to do certain things.:( I've basically worn the editor out though. A bit too basic unfortunately.:shrug:

dEaD_mAn_WaLkIn
04-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Blonde799

its fun though....:laughing:

Blonde799
04-26-2003, 11:42 AM
One good thing comes of that though. Since the AI is basically stupid, they sometimes activate the mines after a short period, killing themselves and their teammates!:D