PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ZC / XP

asnatlas
04-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to ZC.... I got into it because of a friend who showed me (thanx Ielen)... But the prob I am having it with ZC running on a XP machine, I have a Laptop (900mhz Intel with 512 ram) with XP Pro and it runs fine, and I have a (1.5gig AMD with 784 ram) with XP Pro on it and when I go to run ZC on my AMD machine I seem to get kicked out at random or my machine restarts.. Do anyone know or a fix or why this is happening.... The only thing I can think of it because I am running in on a AMD, but I could be wrong......

Please let me know
Thanx in advance

Shawn

idontknow
04-18-2003, 11:40 AM
what version are you trying to use?...i suggest downloading the latest beta (from the link above about the the Full Public Beta; its beta 183 and it works fine for my windows XP computer (but its not XP pro & its not a lab top so i'm not quite sure but you should still try it) if this is the version you have, then sorry, i cant help ya

asnatlas
04-18-2003, 11:46 AM
I am using 183, and I am not having the problem on my laptop (intel) I am having it on my Desktop (AMD) and like I said before it the only REAL diff in the laptop and desktop other then the desktop being a higher end machine is the AMD vs Intel........

Verbatim
04-18-2003, 02:07 PM
Well, I have no problems running ZC on my Athlon 850 desktop...so I don't think it's that you're using an AMD processor.

BTW...what version are you running? If it's anything other than b182 or b183 Windows, make sure you grab the newest version.

One other thing...if you installed it first on your laptop, and then grabbed the folder it was in onto your desktop computer, you may have a bad ag.cfg file on your desktop...if that's the problem, just delete ag.cfg, and run Zquest to make a new one.