PDA

View Full Version : Sidewinder

BRYANTANNER_314
04-17-2003, 11:12 PM
I have a game controler for my Computer. It is a USB Sidewinder. However when i try to select it on the setup menu in Armagedon Games (agsetup) it says that it is not found. The controller does work on all of my other games...

What can i do to make it work with Zelda Classic (or can i not?)

synbios1978
04-18-2003, 09:50 AM
You can always download the software for it that will let you map keyboard keys to it, then map certain keys, and assign those keys in Zelda Classic. The only think you won't be able to do is throw the boomerang diagonal which has only been required once to my knowledge in order to complete a dungeon. But, you can always switch to the keyboard for that. But, it's worked for me with both a Gravis Gamepad USB and a Firestorm Gamepad. (I think I also used a Sidewinder as well, but didn't like the d-pad as much)....but, it should work...let me know if you need anything else.

You should be able to get the software off Microsoft's web site as a free download.

BRYANTANNER_314
04-26-2003, 05:14 PM
How can I map keyboard keys to the sidwinder???

I have never herd of doing that.

Compu Wiz
04-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/sidewinder/Downloads.asp
to download the SideWinder Game Controller Software. Than get into the software to program the buttons to different keys.

BRYANTANNER_314
04-27-2003, 02:06 PM
I tried to download the software to program the keys, however it would not load properly. I am running XP on my computer and MICROSOFT SUPPORT says that the program will not work with XP.

Is there anything that i can do?

Compu Wiz
04-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Apperently, the software will not work on XP or 2000 systems. And Microsoft says that it won't upgrade the software for Win XP compatability either. However you can complain to them through this web page, http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp?
and mabey they will do something about it, if they feel like it.