PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/Zelda Classic

Goronlink
04-17-2003, 10:38 PM
I downloaded Zelda Classic and can't get it to work. Since this seems to be the only place I can get an answer to what the problem is, then here I am. When I installed Zelda classic, I set it up via the setup program and had it autodetect my hardware. Upon exiting, I went to zelda.exe. When the program started, the screen went blank and the computer froze all except for an occasional small burst of static sound. Not even Ctrl-Alt-Del would let me close the program. So, I was forced to turn my computer on and off again. Then, I made sure the program was set to open in a window. Since I have Windows XP, I decided to try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME to see if that helped. It still went full screen with a blank screen. Does anyone know why I can't run the program?

Shadowblazer
04-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Moving this to ZC Discussion, where you're more likely to get some help for your problem.

My best advice for you is to download the newest beta version, if you haven't already. It's Beta 163 and you can find it in the download section of zeldaclassic.com. Get the Windows version and see if you can at least get that to run. It's your best bet, as Windows XP does not get along well with the DOS versions of ZC.

System Error
04-17-2003, 10:52 PM
SB, FYI the latest version of ZC is Beta 182. :P

Jigglysaint
04-17-2003, 11:24 PM
That reminds me, does War Lord even know what the newest beta of ZC is? I guess the higher up you get the less time you get to use ZC.

Shadowblazer
04-17-2003, 11:26 PM
Ah yes, you're right. I tend to lose track of which betas are public ;) 163's the latest on the website, Goronlink, but you can get 182 here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?threadid=66621). Either way, be sure to get the Windows version.
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
That reminds me, does War Lord even know what the newest beta of ZC is? I guess the higher up you get the less time you get to use ZC. More like when you get your hands on each beta immediately, you forget which ones have been released for general use.

Jigglysaint
04-17-2003, 11:48 PM
heh, you know there is a temptation to bragging about being a beta tester.

Cronic
04-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
heh, you know there is a temptation to bragging about being a beta tester. Uhuh and a similar temtation to remove those who cannot appreciate the position and respect it, but you knew that I'm sure ;P

As for Betas there is a beta 183, but don't get confused by it as it only plays quests, and does not edit them ;)