PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne

Beldaran
04-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Dude, I've had this game for a long time now, since it was first released, and I just beat it again today and I have to remind everyone that

THIS GAME OWNS MY SOUL AND MY ASS!

What a damn fun game. Jesus it's awesome.

BTW I own the PC version, not the xbox one.

Hermit
04-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
THIS GAME OWNS MY SOUL AND MY ASS!
Now there's something you don't see every day...

ShyGuy0824
04-17-2003, 03:41 PM
lol, yeah, I love the game too. I've beaten it in every mode,and can still remember a bunch of little things that you may miss in the game. Awesome game, very coherent, although you have to wonder whether *spoiler* max really is the one who ends up killing his wife, and that he was the junkie, as there is so much evidence against him. Like, the phrase "the blood of fallen angels" in I believe a flashback, and more. Also, did anyone else notice the Russian's license plate read "vodka"? Very cool game.

And yeah, Beldaran is easily swayed by the gods of gaming.

Fiyerstorm
04-17-2003, 06:55 PM
My friend has Max Payne on the PC (basically the only reason I go by his house). I beaten the normal mode and I'm playing the harder mode I unlocked.

Myth
04-17-2003, 07:01 PM
The gaming bullet time was so original at the time, and yea Belderan.. I cannot stand FPS's on consoles, the aiming system is either to simple with autoaim like half-life or really fidgity and annoying like hitman2.

Cant disagree, that was one of my favourite games when it first came out.. only excelled by the fact you can slaughter junkies in the toilets as well lol.

Rijuhn
04-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Unreal Tournament owns! Most FPS are shit when it comes down to try to play fair. I've yet to see any FPS that has been realistic, but Max Payne might be worth it. I can probably pick up a copy at Walmart for $15 or so since it's been out for a few years.

Paradox
04-17-2003, 10:38 PM
max payne is pretty good. i've played it a few times but i don't have it.

all FPS's suck if they're not the PC version.
and nothing will ever be better than half-life.

Beldaran
04-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Paradox

all FPS's suck if they're not the PC version.

I used to think that, until I played Halo.

KingArthur
04-18-2003, 02:10 AM
Just wait for the PC version of Halo ^_^

Beldaran
04-18-2003, 02:31 AM
Why would I want a PC version of Halo when I have it for xbox?:)

Myth
04-18-2003, 11:14 AM
yea actually, the only exception is Halo.. eh its Microsoft, consoles are ghey :D

*looks up*

I've yet to see any FPS that has been realistic

eh, flashpoint lol.. thats all im gonna say. and would you really want a more realistic FPS? eg.
MoH: AA, you wouldnt be able to get over the trench :)
half-life, no chance your getting out of the beginning lab
SoF, laff get nowhere?

the lists is somewhat endless, becuase you cannot have a fully realistic game that has good playability and is.. fun. Also what non-FPS games are 'realistic'?