PDA

View Full Version : Golden Sun 2

Cloral
04-15-2003, 06:20 PM
I just picked up my copy at Software Etc a little while ago. I havent had a chance to play it yet, but when I do later I'll be back with my impressions. From what I gathered from playing the Japanese ROM for about 10 minutes a long while back, it will probably feel about the same as the first one.

Kirbypuff
04-15-2003, 07:47 PM
I heard after a while it gets much better than the first one.

Would someone please make a Golden sun avatar? Please?

Cloral
04-16-2003, 03:01 AM
So far, it is pretty much the same. The characters are different, but the style of the levels is similar and battling feels the same. They even reused a lot of the old spells and other graphics (for instance, the venus summon is exactly the same as before). Although, the graphics were already quite good for a handheld, so that isn't such a bad thing. However, the story sequences are still as drawn out and annoying as ever.

And for those of you who played through the first and are getting this one too, I hope you know someone with a GBA and a link cable... entering the gold password is a bitch! It's over 300 characters long! And you just know you're going to make a mistake in there somewhere (fortunately, they do give you the option of doing the password later since it doesn't affect the game much for some time).

Dark Jim
04-16-2003, 06:06 AM
It's an ok game. Good things are the many classes your characters can have with many different spells. Very good graphics for a GBA too. I don't see something similar to Djiini on other games. This is for both GS games. GS2 is better than the first because it's bigger (both the overworld and the individual "levels"), some new puzzles and new summons that use Djiini of different elements. There are also new spells. Other than that there isn't a whole lot of new stuff but I don't think that's too bad. The next GS should have more new stuff in it though (if any more come).

There are some things that annoyed me though. For example several times you don't know what to do, where to go. When you can just walk on the overworld and access to new areas is restricted you just go to the right place because there is nowhere else to go. But when the time comes you get suddenly access to almost all of the overworld you can really get lost. Maybe it's because I forgot to talk to one or more townspeople.

Another thing is the game is not really hard. Especially if you set all your Djiini on standby and when you encounter enemies you can just summon the biggest summon and you won the battle. For boss battles it's just the other way. Don't set them on standby but either just use spells on them so your stats are not lowered or use Djiini then so you get several stat upgrades and lower enemy stats and then summon those big summons.

Ok I'm done. :p *Goes playing some more GS2*

Axel
04-16-2003, 02:25 PM
why do you suggest we know someone with a GBA and a link cable?

Cloral
04-16-2003, 04:19 PM
If you want to transfer your data from the first GS, you either have to send the data from one GBA to another, or get a password from the first one and enter it into the second one. And the passwords are so frigging huge - the password that preserves all your data from the first one (including items, dijiini, and the like) is 310 characters long, making it a total pain to enter. I tried doing it yesterday, but I made a mistake in it somewhere, so I'm going to go back later today and check it (since the data doesn't actually come into play for some time).

Kirbypuff
04-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Dark Jim
The next GS should have more new stuff in it though (if any more come).

I heard this one ends the story. There might be a golden sun game with a new story later, though.

Golden Sun for Gamecube...

King
04-16-2003, 06:38 PM
The password thing is insane. I thought River City Ransom was bad for that.