PDA

View Full Version : Windows Key

cbailey77
04-14-2003, 09:38 PM
To keep you from pressing the windows key while you play ZC, Get a knife and pop that windows key out of the keyboard!

Teilyr
04-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Is it your intention to make 1 stupid suggestion after another? Surely you have 1 good thought in your head.

It could be that you still use 1.90, in which case this would make sense. However, you're probably one of the 10 people that doesn't use some beta of 1.92.

The windows key has no real effect on windows betas. Sure, it might minimize the window if you're in full screen, but that's all. So, please upgrade, or stop making suggestions like this.

Thank you.

System Error
04-14-2003, 10:05 PM
And if that still bothers you, you REALLY need to learn that you can change the key combination in Zelda Classic. -_-

Blankboard
04-14-2003, 10:48 PM
.... what a suggestion!!!.... DN... FCF... someone add this to ZC!!!!..... :lol:

Cloral
04-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Such discussion isn't really about new features for ZC, so it would better belong in ZC Discussion. Topic moved.

Jigglysaint
04-15-2003, 01:13 AM
well as a person who does use dos a bit, and a person who hates accidentially hitting the windows key when I was intending to grab that 1-up and have my buttons lock, I like that idea, if not for the dos version only. It also makes me wish you could re-map the windows key to some other key, can you do that?

Teilyr
04-15-2003, 01:15 AM
Being as most keyboards have 2 windows keys, just do what cbailey said, and pop one off.

(Wow.. I just referenced cbailey in a non-mocking fashion. Sign of the times...)

MottZilla
04-15-2003, 03:14 AM
DN or FCF might be able to disable the windows key (for the windows build) when ZC is on in full screen mode.

For DOS however, I believe you can modify shortcut properties and disable certain hot key combos, possibly the windows key.

JayeM
04-15-2003, 03:56 AM
Actually I've had that problem myself...being in the middle of a big battle, hitting the Windows key by mistake, poof goes the screen and by the time I get it back up I'm dead. But I just chalked it up to my own stupidity. It's nice to know there are other clumsy people in the world.

Jigglysaint
04-15-2003, 01:35 PM
Amwn, JaueM!:D

HarryPotter007
04-15-2003, 06:55 PM
tHE wINDOWS kEY mUST dIE dIE dIE!!!!!!!!! Oops, capslock... :D
For me whenever I hit the windows key it just says some kind of error and I can't open it back up. Then I lose all the stuff I got. I hate the windows key.

Knil
04-17-2003, 10:26 AM
The windows key doesnt do anything for me, in zquest or Zclassic. it may be, that im using the 192 beta, dunno. or my key config ( m &n fer that a &b buttons, space for the subscreen, and the arrows to move.)

goKi
04-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Just get a little program that "kills" the windows key. I got one of them for when i used to keep doing the same thing on Diablo II whilst i was scanning for items. there are various ones all over the internet, and i cant remember where i got mine from. They quite simply work my opening a small program that runs in the background, disabling the windows key until you close it.

Blankboard
04-19-2003, 08:28 PM
well I use the Windows version of ZC so pressin the windows key only minimizes ZC..... :D