PDA

View Full Version : Interesting trap idea for all!!!

Knil
04-14-2003, 05:12 PM
HA HA HA!!! i think that i came up with a devious little trap so simple its evil!!!! (whoah, rhyme.) place three push blocks in this formation: Place the blocks to form a touching triangle, with two of the three touching a wall. in the spot within these blocks, make a trap. Then, make a layer above link, like 5 or 6, these work well. place the same floor combo that is to be used in the rest of the room OVER the trap. make sure to be in the new layer you added to place this combo. then, wherethe trap touches at the wall, place a bombable wall combo. DONT connect it to another room, as the under combo is used for the push block. (by the way, besure to use the correct flags for the trap and push block, i forgot to do this when i made this trap, and i suggest you dont make that mistake.) save your quest, and upload your quest in the zelda classic program, and try out your trap. if your not happy that link doesnt get hit when the trap comes out the first time, extend the blocks out from the wall one or to places. if you have any questions, or i didnt explain anything well, PM me.

VEL
04-14-2003, 07:20 PM
--Moved to ZC Quest Editor Help--

TheGeepster
04-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Interesting. To give the person a decent chance to detect it, have it where the block combo is modified ever-so-slightly.

Those with sharp eyes may spot the difference and proceed with caution. Those who don't pay much attention will likely not notice the minute difference.

idontknow
04-15-2003, 06:43 PM
i dont get it..perhaps pics or a diagram would help...do you mean its set up like this:
P=push block B=bombable wall T=Trap -=floor W=Wall
--P-W
-PTB
--PW
Wow! i'm herendous at making diagrams! anyway, you'd place a floor combo on layer 5/6 above the trap to hide it and then when Link pushes the block in front of it, the trap would move out towards Link? if so, whats the purpose of the bombable wall combo?

Knil
04-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Im not able to get a diagram, but you got it. the bombable wall combo is a decoy, to get the person to move the block. (think back the the 64 games, as there were some pointless places they had, iethe secret grotto place at jabbu jabbus pond where you go and fight the invisible skulltulas. alls that is there is a nice jump point.) if you use the descendant tiles, the trap shows to little white spots between the wall combo and the floor combo. you REALLY got to know what your looking for though.

TheGeepster
04-17-2003, 08:13 PM
That passage you speak of in OoT led to a platform with a Gold Skulltula at night. So it wasn't exactly pointless.

Hmmm, I see the trap is hidden.. And the wall of course would not be bombable, or would it?

Knil
04-19-2003, 02:08 PM
Oh, thatnks for the tip. you can make it bombable if you wish.