PDA

View Full Version : Can some one direct me to the place where it says how to name screens?

Knil
04-14-2003, 04:32 PM
I am such a newbie.
I need to know where the "name screen" dealy is in zquest. or at least some one to tell me what to do to.

idontknow
04-14-2003, 05:45 PM
name screen?...well..you can't name screens but you can name dmaps, which is probably what you mean...a dmap is basically your levels. dmap 1 is the initial dmap, where you first start. Go to Quest-Dmaps and then pick a dmap to edit. Then click next to 'name' to give it a name-this only appears in the list of dmaps in zquest..however, you can give a dmap a title-which appears during your quest above the dmap map. Also, you can give dmaps intro, which upon first entering the dmap, the introduction string will show temporarily & then go away-i suggest you check out the zquest tutorials

Knil
04-15-2003, 10:21 AM
so, to name a place, it has to be on a seperate dmap?

ShadowTiger
04-15-2003, 10:27 AM
Umm.. You can only really assign a "name" to a Dmap, and a palatte. For example, go to the Dmap editor screen, and enter any of them. There's a name box over the grid in the lower left corner. :) You can name your Dmaps there. However, that's just the name. There's a box where you can fit a grand total of 20 characters, and that appears above the map in the actual game.

idontknow
04-15-2003, 03:09 PM
yeah BH4, i sorta mentioned that already; perhaps itd be a good idea to read other peoples' replies ;) yeah, you can't name individual screens, just different dmaps

Knil
04-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Who has the best tutorial for all that zquest offers in the windows 1.92 beta?

idontknow
04-16-2003, 05:39 PM
unless you are in fact familiar with the fundamentals of zquest, I suggest looking at alphadawg's basic tutorial first & then reading mine..each of these tutorials has a link for two different threads that you can find in this forum near the top...note that my tutorial is not quite done yet but it pretty much covers everything that hadn't been covered in alphadawg's tutorial, everything up to beta 182...(the tutorials apply to all versions of zquest-in fact I am using the windows version as well)

Knil
04-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Okie Dokey! i guess i gotta give up questing on my four day weekend, though, because im having trouble with a tile warp. what it is is that i have two cave 2 tiles, one for a nonsense house (you just go in and nothing happens to help on your quest) which is on screen 00 that takes you to screen 80, and another house on screen 11 that *should* be taking you to screen 81. it may be that i didnit set the dmap for the first house, but the second house is taking me to screen 80 instead of 81. its quite annoying. i would LOVE any help here, and i bet yer still gonna direct the tutorials my way, im gonna look at them though, but if any1 else has my same prob and fixed it, let me know. :smile:

Ielen
04-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Hi Knil, to make the 2nd room go to screen 81, you could try move Screen 81 to another screen, then use side warps to link the two rooms. Normally screen 81 is used for the 3-stairways room (overworld) or passageway (dungeons).

Don't forget to change the level to above 9, eg, lvl 20, in the second room dmap.

Knil
04-17-2003, 03:15 PM
i have no experience with side warps, so i think ill go to the tutorials first, but, i will try my luck at your suggestion, Ielen. By the by, i could also use a 2x2 bed for the Descendant tileset if anyone could help. (i suck at pixel drawing. on paper, its another matter.)