PDA

View Full Version : SONG Song song

Beldaran
04-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Mottzilla has asked me to write some orignal music for his video game Ninja Gaiden that he is programming.

This is the first piece I have finished. It's for one of the levels in which you are fighting your way up a cliff/tower kind of thing. It's pretty cool. Mott's doing a rad job with the game.

I am posting it for the following reasons:

1) I need you guys to listen to it and tell me if there's anything wrong with the mix, i.e not loud enough, too loud, can't hear the drums, etc.

2) I'd like to hear what you guys think of it.

and

3) For Mott to listen to and decide if he wants to use it.

HERE IT IS (http://www.forrestkyle.com/songs/ninjagaiden.mp3)

Mystery-Q
04-13-2003, 04:39 PM
Hey that sounds pretty good dude. Mix is smooth and in snyc. BTW what programs did you use?

MottZilla
04-13-2003, 04:52 PM
Hm. For some reason I pictured a city type oflevel when listening to it, but then I added the track to the level (what's done of it thus far) and it fit well. If we carry the music on to the caves, I think it will work very well. I'm gonna get Guardian's opinion.

Also, if you can get on AIM, I'd like to send you the latest build along with what's completed of 6-1 thus far. That way you can see if you think the music and the setting go well together. =)

It's good music reguardless, but I just want to make sure we put what you make in the most fitting parts of the game.

Beldaran
04-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Yeah no sweat. I have to go to work right now, so I can't get on IM, but I'll try and catch up with you later.

Put the song wherever you want and I can make a different one.:)

We'll talk.

Patrick Star
04-13-2003, 05:31 PM
That was great I'm looking forward to hearing more.

gdorf
04-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Thats good belderan, I just played it in one of the levels of Mottz's demo and it really fits well. It has a very sneaky feel to it and is great for Ninja Gaiden! Your a talented artist. :)

Ich
04-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Downloading it now. If you (Mott) intend of distributing this game on the net I'd suggest asking for MIDI's, but you already knew that.

stormwatcheagle
04-13-2003, 08:55 PM
I remember the very first ninja gaider. Same feel with a modern beat. well done. You ever pay the original?

Although, I must admit, I like the one for Aura project better.

Rijuhn
04-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Sounds perfect for Ninja Gaiden Beldaran. It's like 150% video game music, and best of all it's all original. I'd like to hear you make more stuff like this. Oh, and I'm downloading the latest NG demo Mott, because I forgot all about it until I saw this thread.

MottZilla
04-13-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
Downloading it now. If you (Mott) intend of distributing this game on the net I'd suggest asking for MIDI's, but you already knew that.

In finished form the game "might" feature 2 different packages, one being just midi music, while the other would feature mod & ogg music.

I don't intent to distribute the game with a ton of mp3 tracks, it'd be an awful big download then. :O I believe I can get everything to a reasonable size. But even then, who knows, maybe the game will be a 20MB or 50MB download. :O I'll just make sure that it's worth the weight.

Beldaran
04-13-2003, 11:52 PM
Can't you just compile them into resource files?

Brasel
04-14-2003, 12:17 AM
Thats really cool Belderan. I put it in my playlist. ;) Good job.

moocow
04-14-2003, 12:54 AM
Awesome Beldaran. All I'm good at is making stuff in Photoshop, and I can't even do that very well, lol. ;)

MottZilla
04-14-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Can't you just compile them into resource files?

I've yet to hear what that actually means... *shrugs*. However I can convert them to .ogg files which even at the lowest quality I can encode at, sound quite close if not exactly like the original, and saves space.

AlmostAngel
04-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Now more than ever I wish my soundcard was working. :angry: It looks like it sounds really incredible from what people are sayin... I'll haffa have DP d/l it and play it for me on his laptop :D

I could never imagine composing music in any shape or form. Thats cool you're so talented bel.

not to mention mottz whos MAKING a game? cool cool.

MottZilla
04-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Most people still seem to not know about Ninja Gaiden IV which I'm programming. Although quite a few "forum regulars" have seen it at one point or another.

The links to it and other things have always been in my signature.

Also, if your soundcard isn't working, and you have a CD Writer, you could always burn the track to a CDR and listen to it on your cd player. :O

carrot red
04-14-2003, 04:40 PM
You're wrong there, most people do.
Very catchy tune, Beld, I had trouble downloading it yesterday.
(If you plan on using it in the caves, maybe a little "echo" would not be a bad idea.)

MottZilla
04-14-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by carrot red
You're wrong there, most people do.

The activity in the official forum would lead you to believe otherwise. :O

Rijuhn
04-14-2003, 10:13 PM
It's stuck in my brain ever since, except when I forgot about it because it's only in your sig. I don't know what the rules are about bringing up threads with updates, like PerfectGreg does with his comic stript website. I haven't been too active on AGN recently but I'm always interested in projects such as this.

MottZilla
04-14-2003, 11:51 PM
I haven't released any updates since march. When I do release I sometimes post about it here.

I'll try to rememebr to.