PDA

View Full Version : Secrets

carrot red
04-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Are you good at keeping secrets? And do you sometimes wish not to have been privy to certain things you consider to be very burdening and/or disturbing?

I'm a deep well, like they say, but sometimes I feel haunted by certain secrets I've been told.

Beldaran
04-13-2003, 03:49 PM
People always tell me really personal, sometimes secretive things and I never divulge them. I can't really understand why they always tell me, though. I don't ask or anything. It's like they just open up.:shrug:

DarkDragon
04-13-2003, 03:55 PM
I don't recall having been burdened by others' secrets; then again, nobody has ever told me anything truly important, such as a confession of murder, or anything of the sort.
I actually enjoy hearing secrets: its a testament of people's trust in me.

deathbyhokie
04-13-2003, 04:51 PM
i like hearing secrets, but when you have to talk to someone knowing more about something than they do(especially when it involves them more than you) it's hard trying not to let anything slip

Patrick Star
04-13-2003, 06:10 PM
I like hearing secrets. This kid at school trusts me with them and so far I havn't told any body.

Paradox
04-13-2003, 06:18 PM
it depends on the situation. if the person just told me something and said "don't tell anyone" but it was trivial and it wouldn't have really mattered, i might tell. but if i could tell it was important to them and that they trusted me with it, i wouldn't tell.

greedo
04-13-2003, 06:20 PM
im not good at keeping secrets, anything that anybody tells me isnt worth keeping secret anyway

...i think once you tell somebody a secret, its really not a secret now is it...

Masamune
04-13-2003, 06:29 PM
you mean secrets like... my friends cousin gave some kid a blowjob? ya i haven'ttold anyone! ;)

greedo
04-13-2003, 06:37 PM
lol, if somebody told me something like that i really wouldnt care...
by the way i like your sig Masamune

Masamune
04-13-2003, 06:41 PM
thanks greedo! i'm really getting sick of farscape. invader zim is so much of a better show anyway. =p

Verman
04-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Carrot Red....Your threads are way to thought provoking :P

anyhow...I can keep secrets if they are told to me by a person I care to keep the secret for... Like one of my roommates.....if either of the other two told me a secret, i would have to divulge it to the proper places to cause the most trouble and violence as possible.

Blonde799
04-13-2003, 07:51 PM
I like being told secrets.:) It shows people have trust in me, and so far, I haven't spilled a thing. Unless I'm asked though, I really don't tell my own.;)

Dr. Mutagen
04-13-2003, 07:55 PM
I'm EXCELLENT at keeping secrets. Of course, that's probably because I lack a decent social life IMO.

EDIT: I'm working on it though.

Ich
04-13-2003, 09:28 PM
I keep some, but it's hard when directly asked. Also, telling someone who lives in another state who you've never met in real life is kind of useful (god bless the internet), because you can get it off your chest or ask for advice and nobody you really know could find out. I've got a few, but few friends and I tend to be direct with my life.

MANDRAG GANON
04-13-2003, 09:29 PM
No way...people don't even give me the time of day for cryin out loud.

Glenn the Great
04-14-2003, 01:09 AM
I'm generally good with keeping secrets unless my loyalty to some entity causes me to divulge them. For example, recently one of my friends gave me a secret chat log. What had happened was one of our members at ZCN got ahold of Kratheous's (a ZCN Owner) password, and then used that access to get everyone elses passwords. I was supposed to keep the log of the culprit confessing to my friend a secret. Well, it turned out the culprit denied doing anything, and it wouldn't have looked good with him running around saying we punished someone without evidence. So I divulged the secret by presenting the chat log to the culprit and at that time he dropped the "playing stupid" act.

So yeah, when the reputation of an organization I care about is threatened, I can't keep such secrets.

moocow
04-14-2003, 01:35 AM
I'm good at keeping secrets. I don't say anything unless I really have to, or I really just don't like that person and I want to get at them. People talk to me all the time, and most of the time I like it, but sometimes I hate it. It all jsut depends, I guess.

*shrug*

AlmostAngel
04-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Somehow over the years Ive become numurous friends' secret 'tellee'. Guess that comes with being trust worthy. I like to look at it as Im not being told secrets, but being confided in merely for the advice which is normally being saught. :shrug:

I say that 'same difference' comment because I know many people who get into situations so that they have a secret to tell. They create that drama deliberately.

Confidential conversation, (not necessarily soley 'secret telling' i.e., 'gossip') I think is different. But thats just from experience.

Kirbypuff
04-14-2003, 04:17 PM
I never tell secrets, I actually usually forget them, so my friends come to me when they want to tell someone a secret without the whole school finding out.