PDA

View Full Version : When can I post in threads older than 30 days?

Jawa Podracer
04-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Do I need a certain amount of posts, or can no one post in old topics?

Gerudo
04-13-2003, 10:38 AM
TOPICS OLDER THAN 30 DAYS DONT NEED REPLIES, KTHX...

seriously...

topics are automatically locked after 30 days, i beleive... so are polls...

goKi
04-13-2003, 10:40 AM
The point is to not post in those, if you want to keep on people's good side. Digging up old topics for no reason angers most members, including myself.

Kirbypuff
04-13-2003, 12:07 PM
It it especiallty annoying when people bring up a post no one has posted in for 25 or so days and type in a reply like "OMG" or "LOL".

carrot red
04-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Somebody should take care of those year old polls that keep popping up in ASWGL.:rolleyes:

plith
04-13-2003, 01:19 PM

Someone should just take care of the forum itself.

stormwatcheagle
04-13-2003, 02:33 PM
If you really want to talk about old topics, just make a new thread.

mikeron
04-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
If you really want to talk about old topics, just make a new thread. Yeah, you can link to the old topic and quote any specific material...

Gerudo
04-14-2003, 02:00 AM
some people really arent that smart... -_-;

Thunderbird
04-14-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
TOPICS OLDER THAN 30 DAYS DONT NEED REPLIES, KTHX...

seriously...

topics are automatically locked after 30 days, i beleive... so are polls...

I think ASWGL is a perfect example that the 30 day no reply hack does NOT apply to polls :p. Frikkin annoying to see polls that I saw nearly a year ago (yeah, I actually remember when some of them were active) popping up again. Of course that also removes the lock since the date of last post changes as well.

inori
04-14-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Thunderbird
I think ASWGL is a perfect example that the 30 day no reply hack does NOT apply to polls :p. Frikkin annoying to see polls that I saw nearly a year ago (yeah, I actually remember when some of them were active) popping up again. Of course that also removes the lock since the date of last post changes as well.

Uh, yeah... last I heard, Shadowblazer was working on that.

Nobody (including staff) can post in a thread that's gone 30 days or more without a reply. The staff have a way around it, but it's rather convoluted, devious, and generally unnecessary in any case. (I can't really imagine a reason that I'd need to post in a thread that old.)

Drunken Tiger
04-14-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by inori
The staff have a way around it, but it's rather convoluted, devious, and generally unnecessary in any case. (I can't really imagine a reason that I'd need to post in a thread that old.)

Im not going to go around digging up dead topics.. but how can i anyways?? Im curious... :p

AtmaWeapon
04-14-2003, 12:24 PM
He probably means S. Mod and up have a way around it, I would imagine their abilities surpass our lowly mod skillz.

plith
04-14-2003, 08:19 PM
No. We have a way around it too. Which is just to make a new post and merge the two.