PDA

View Full Version : Game Error in Japanese

stormwatcheagle
04-12-2003, 06:01 PM
So i'm trying to start a new game in Grandia 2 when I get some sortof error message durung the load:

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/tvparadise/DSC00012.JPG

EDITED By Breaker - Please refrain from posting images this size again in the actual postbit, thankyou.

I have no idea what it means, as I am an American and have no idea how to fix it. When I press a button, I get taken to my Dreamcast's OS. What do I do/ has anyone else had this problem or can anyone read that?

Saffith
04-12-2003, 06:12 PM
I know the first thing it says is "read error," and the second line starts with "start button," for what that's worth...

Masamune
04-12-2003, 06:31 PM
i got something like that when i was playing zombie's revenge...

Teilyr
04-12-2003, 08:17 PM
You got bought the jap version of G2? Why? I had the english version the first day it hit shelves.

Judging by the colon, I'm thinking it's a read error.. Try cleaning the disc. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you.

stormwatcheagle
04-12-2003, 09:10 PM
No,it's the english version, but it has Japanese game errors. I guess they wew too cheap to translate...

I was going to get Grandia Xtreme yesterday, but got Kingdom Hearts instead.

AlexMax
04-12-2003, 10:27 PM
"All your base are belong to us"

Heh heh heh...

MottZilla
04-12-2003, 10:36 PM
They didn't translate the error messages because it was likely not intended to crash. :O

My advise is to make sure your disc is clean. If it is, see if any other games have problems.

It is most likely a disc read error, as it's doubtful it is crashing. Also try disconnecting all VMUs and controllers other than player 1.

Vagla
04-13-2003, 12:12 AM
I'm making a major guess here because I don't know what the kanji means, but I think it says:

A reader error has occurred.
[Address of error]
Please press the start button.

I guess that doesn't help you much, though...

MasterSwordUltima
04-13-2003, 12:40 AM
"All your base are belong to us"

lmfao, watch it actually say that. :p

MottZilla
04-13-2003, 01:37 AM
Alright then Valga if you get read and error from that, it means it's having trouble reading your disc. Is it scratched?

stormwatcheagle
04-13-2003, 01:45 AM
Hmm, it does lok scratched up, but here's the thing: I'm starting a new game and it gets the problem. My brother loads off his VMU and it works fine. What's with that?

Vagla
04-13-2003, 03:03 AM
What's with that? Well, my guess is there's probably a scratch somewhere at the start of the game, so that's where it's giving the error. But I don't know for sure. *shrugs*

Gerudo
04-13-2003, 05:40 AM
ok genius, next time PLEASE shrink the pic a little bit and LINK to it...

i dont know jap.. so i cant help you...

stormwatcheagle
04-13-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
ok genius, next time PLEASE shrink the pic a little bit and LINK to it...

i dont know jap.. so i cant help you... Shure thing, ass. I'll link to it now.

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/tvparadise/DSC00012.JPG

satanman
04-13-2003, 07:07 AM
A read error has
occurred, program now quitting
please press start button

OK, I doubt it's haiku :p

Gerudo
04-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
Shure thing, ass. I'll link to it now. i dont remember calling you obscene names... anways if you woulda done that in the first place, all would be good... :eyebrow:

MottZilla
04-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Ok. Then that tells you the problem right there.

Data accessed at the begining of the game got scratched beyond readability. Hence why a save game past that point works.

My advise, if you have a fast connection, go download an ISO, afterall, you already bought the game. :O

Brasel
04-14-2003, 12:21 AM
Use Toothpaste. Same thing happened with my Final Fantasy VIII disk with the opening CG, and I put some toothpaste on there, scrubbed it a bit with a FINE toothbrush, and rinsed it off with water. Worked very well for me.

MottZilla
04-14-2003, 02:11 AM
That would NOT recommend that. Scraping the disk is a bad idea. Wipe it off with something for cleaning glasses, then get a disk doctor, if you are gonna make an attempt at repairing it.