PDA

View Full Version : You know the world's changing...

Jer1400
04-11-2003, 05:45 PM
You know the world' changing when the best rapper is white, the best golfer is black, and Germany doesn't wnat to go to war. lol

Beldaran
04-11-2003, 05:49 PM
The full version is:

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is white, the best golfer is black, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and France is accusing Americans of being arrogant.

:D

Either way, it's a damn funny joke.

Samson007
04-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Hey, golf isnt just a white boy wearing plaid shirts sport.

I just got back from 9 holes about 5 minutes ago. And I was wearing big baggy blue jeans and a black shirt.

TheGeepster
04-11-2003, 07:31 PM
I heard that on the radio somewhere. It is a funny thought.

Samson, each of those goes against the standard stereotype in its area, or is ironic in another sense.

carrot red
04-11-2003, 11:32 PM
I heard that too and found it very funny. What I found really ironic was the France accusing us of being arrogant thing. Yes, the world is changing indeed and for the better?:D

Rijuhn
04-11-2003, 11:54 PM
Bush is and has been changing America for the better. America is sort of what other countries look to as the ideal country and society, so yeah, I do think we are changing for the better. I hope Bush gets elected for a second term.

Jer1400
04-11-2003, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't doubt that at all.

satanman
04-12-2003, 10:02 AM
America and france are equally arrogant.
People don't look up to america as an ideal. See above line.
Dictators always, ALWAYS have the most ridiculous moustache in the known universe.

I remember something from last year from 'Have I Got News For You':
'how much things have changed in the last decade: the US president is George Bush, there's trouble in the middle east, and
kylie minogue has released another annoying single'

Fiyerstorm
04-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by satanman
'how much things have changed in the last decade: the US president is George Bush, there's trouble in the middle east, and
kylie minogue has released another annoying single'

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But 'Locomotion' by Kylie Minogue was in the late 70s I believe....still funny though.....

TheGeepster
04-12-2003, 03:09 PM
So taking the thread and Flyer's quote of Satanman together, and the conclusion is that "times have changed, but they haven't changed!" :laughing:

And Americans do have a little bit of a tendency to be arrogant, and insomuch as we do get arrogant we are wrong for it.

What I cannot understand, however, is how a nation such as France, with very little in recent history or national strength to commend it, can be as arrogant if not more so.

carrot red
04-12-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
What I cannot understand, however, is how a nation such as France, with very little in recent history or national strength to commend it, can be as arrogant if not more so.

They are still living in the past in the time on the colonies and Chirac is the disciple of DeGaulle.
They tried to reconquer their past glory with the creation of the new Euro zone alliance thing , but Blair fouled their plan.

Beldaran
04-12-2003, 03:34 PM
I just found out who made that quote:

Charles Barkley