PDA

View Full Version : The help of the creator of Prophecy is needed

Knil
04-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Congrats on the quest entitled Prophecy. I didnt get very far yet, but i like the idea. I need help killing the triple ghomas in the last part of the coloseum. i know its just a subquest minigame, but its a lil annoying that i cant do any damage to the ghomas. how is it that you kill them?

ShadowTiger
04-11-2003, 04:42 PM
:kawaii: Wow! How did you get this! :D Thanks for playing!

Oh, um, yes, it's by me. :D

To kill those gohmas, you'll need the golden arrows. The thing is, they're not in the demo. The L4 cheat is NeoPuff, or something like that. Experiment with the capitalization, and you should get it. ;)

Or, I can PM you the Quest password! :kawaii:

Knil
04-11-2003, 04:51 PM
I guess that i only got the demo...where do i go to get the full fledged game?

ShadowTiger
04-11-2003, 05:00 PM
:shakeno: Sadly, it was never released. However, if you want....

*whispers something to Knil in the form of a PM.*

:sly:

Knil
04-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Ooh...TopSecret info...

Pathwalker
05-03-2003, 06:37 PM
BH4: Please help, I can't seem to find a sword or any kind of weapon. I just spent about 4 hrs trying. I love the game...wish it was finished.

[Edit:] 9:26pm Finally got the sword. Thanks anyway BH4. (VBS-very big smile)

Demimore
05-06-2003, 02:34 AM
Hmmm.... I have played this some time ago and I can't seem to find the second (first) dungeon. Even though I have the Lv4 cheat AND the quest PW.... I must say that this quest is a little messy, bh4. Lol.

ShadowTiger
05-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Heh. Yeah. I know. FoW will be much better, rest assured.

In the meantime, the sword is in the odd-colored building about... er... 2 screens south of the start in Darius, one east. So from that corner screen where you start, go south one, again, and east. That's the mage house who has the sword for you. You'll need 50 rupees though. They're hidden behind a tree. This tree is to the south of the mage building screen, but you'll need to approach it from the screen to the west of that tree.

I am really proud of that sword test. It's a really cool place, full of puzzles, and rare enemies. :) And I drew EVERYTHING in there myself! :kawaii: So very, very happy. :) Hmm..

Level 1 is beyond the coliseum, to the east. You can't possibly miss it, unless you stand still for a while. :odd: The L1 boss is still kinda... haywire. It would allow me to place a Gleeok there at all, so I had to go with Fire Dodongos. :shrug: Oh well. :redface: Whatever. It's just a boss. :eyebrow:

Level 2, the crypt of Remnos the Liche Lord, is to the south of the bottom screen of the town. (Below the IHOP. ;) Heh heh. ) Once you find the fire crystal (Blue Candle) in L1, burn the blue flame at the entrance of town, then go one screen south, one screen west, and one screen north. You'll have to shoot the target on the fence with your bow (your arrows, to be precise. :rolleyes: ) and then bomb the cracked grave to enter.

That's a pretty tough place though. It's kinda short, but you'll see that it has some tough situations inside. You WILL NOT like the miniboss one bit. I seem to have pitted you against a pair of stalfos 3, in a room that shoots a few fireballs at you. You also have to escape from a fire cage first before you can even begin, AND the S3 are still able to shoot you from within that cage. It gets very hectic, very fast. So if you want to distribute the cheats or password, fine by me. If everyone wants them, by all means. I'm working on another quest now, so I won't need them. And anyway, last I heard, NeoPuff is now in charge of TP. I hope he's done something cool with it, but he may have just dropped it. Well, it happens. And life continues.

Level 3 is Hyrule Temple. (Heh. :sly: ) It's FAR to the east of all of it. The entrance is in the extreme lower left corner of Darius. You'll need the Magic Boomerang that you got from L2 under a gravestone to open the sign. ( :odd: ) From there, you can descend into the relatively short cave. You'll have to use a few boomerang tricks to open the passageway to the southeast though. And before that, you'll have to bomb a southern wall to get into the 2nd half of the cave. You'll know this wall by the 2x2 set of bush stumps in front of it. The map -should- also be on that screen. When you go far enough into that cave, you'll be forced to fight a fire mage. He's pretty tough. Bring lots of potions.

(Boy. I must sound really egocentric at this point. Sorry. :redface: It was unintentional.)

When you can finally leave, you'll arive in L3, Hyrule Temple. It's a pure-sidescroller. I kinda like it, although it's a bit bland... and brown. :sweat: Still, it's pretty cool. You'll use some pretty cool tricks here too, like using the maze paths to get up a ledge that you couldn't reach originally. The first area has you walking through a wall, that the Molblins will show you by moronically walking through it themselves. :rolleyes: The Miniboss is a super darknut. I'll leave it up to you how to defeat it. It shouldn't be too tough, if you have a set of nifty blue armor from the shop to the west of L3. And when you see the torches with the blue flames, remember that place when you get the ladder. You'll need to walk across that place to get to the boss. I think it's a pretty cool boss though, wouldn't you agree? :)

L4 is not set at all yet though. It was supposed to be on the north-most middle area of the map, but it's not finished yet. I mean, you COULD get there if you had the wing-boots (From Faxanadu, tiles from DoY.) you can sail across from the town to the eastern area of the map (which is actually the middle area. :shy: I haven't finished the eastern area at all. ) But L4 gives you the Triforce nevertheless. :shy: They're nice folks, them deadly monks. :p

L5 is pretty cool. I have a ledge leading from the "test" L7 down to where it should have been. L5 is pretty cool. I'll leave it up to you, except for these 3 points.

1) I had Renamon in there. She says some pretty lame things, but the music is really cool. She gives you a dungeon treasure. (1 of 2.)
2) The boss of L5 isn't working right, so you probably can't do all that much in there. I recommend not going to that screen north of the dungeon sign at all! :odd: Yeah, just don't do it, particularly if you don't know the L4 cheat. :sweat:
3) Some areas don't make much sense, so stick with me. Just admire the overall sense of it.

L6 is a few screens west, then south of L5. It's a real Zora Temple. I drew the walls myself. So very cool! :kawaii: Go for it. :thumbsup: Just be warned that there's a death knight as the miniboss of L6. But he's actually pretty easy, if you know where to ladder. ;) ;) ;) :sly: Also, the boss of it, is possibly the first "custom boss" I've ever made. I think it turned out quite well, actually. :)

L7 is at the foot of that "demo" bridge I made. It's a Faxanadu Style side-scroller. The boss of it is complete, it's at the upper right corner of it. I suggest you go look at it. It's a full out custom boss, but very half-@$$ed. :( Oh well. You'll see better stuff from me in the future.

And that's about it. :shrug; Good luck with the quest.

Knil
05-06-2003, 04:55 PM
hope you dont mind bh4, but im gonna try to finish the quest for my self, you know, put the golden arrows and all in, but i WONT PUBLISH it. really alls im doing is where tiles are not what they need to be (on my copy, the coloseum had rocks where a fence should have been because tiles must have been transffered) and fixing *some* of the bugs. but i may come to you for dungeon ideas.

hey cool! i got a new circle thingie!!!

ShadowTiger
05-07-2003, 07:41 AM
Hey, congrats! :thumbsup: :kawaii: Happy 100th post. ;)

And you CAN publish it if you want. I haven't been able to contact NeoPuff about it, so do with it what you want. Heck, I would personally thank you if you could do something really cool with it. I can't wait to see what you can cook up, Knil. I'm glad it's in such capable hands. :kawaii: Keep me updated, will you? :)

Knil
05-08-2003, 12:38 PM
NP, i just didnt think that you would like me taking your hard work. remember how you had left out the golden arrows? im thinin bout putting them in as a prize for the coloseum, as thats where thay are used for on part. im not gonna change much, as im not to talented yet, but ill at least try to finish the OW. I will keep you as updatied as i can, as skools getting out soon, and i cant garauntee that ill be using the net much :cry: i love the computer!!! :computer: you can PM me if you have anything that you didnt finish or get put into the quest you would still like.

*edit* the golden arrows are now implemented and work.
worked a lil on an over world screen, but layering proves to be difficult. may add new map for further work

Question: what/where/why did you make/put a link talking sprite? where does it fit into the story?