PDA

View Full Version : I need more hints with Wind Waker... (if you aren't at the end, spoilers inside)

AtmaWeapon
04-11-2003, 02:22 PM
OK, I'm fighting some weird Ganon puppet. I've figured out that his green strings can be cut with the boomerang, and that I can hookshot up to the platforms around him. However, after I clip the strings, I seem to be unable to do damage to him.

Hint, don't out and tell, what I need to do. Also, I have an empty item slot, to the right of my steel boots. Is the item that is supposed to go in that slot important, and if so, tell me which quadrant of the map I should look in. Not square, quadrant, as in NE, NW, SW, SE.

Thanks. I just fought the puppet for 30 minutes, and didn't do ANYTHING to it. I guess maybe I have to shoot something up high, but I have no idea. There's a warp pot in the room, but it doesn't take me anywhere. *shrugs*

Dark Nation
04-11-2003, 02:45 PM
If you played Ocarina of Time, think about how you fought Ganon (not Ganondorf, the big one at the end with the 2 gold swords).

Warlock
04-11-2003, 02:47 PM
BTW, are you in fact cutting all the strings? It's hard to see some of them occassionally. You may be missing one or more.

As for that item, it's not essential.

jman2050
04-11-2003, 03:16 PM
You got the light arrows for a reason genius :P .

ShyGuy0824
04-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Yeah, those puppets, are evil aren't they? And the light arrows can penetrate pure evil... But, they seem kind of amorphous, except for one concrete aspect. It took me a while too, I was just hoping to cut the puppets off their string and laugh at ganondorf's lack of control. Those are some hard bossfights, make sure you have health, though.

Samson007
04-11-2003, 07:15 PM
If you hit all the strings he will fall down and be stunned for a while. Remember where you had to hit ganon in OoT?

AtmaWeapon
04-11-2003, 07:18 PM
RAAARRR!!! I BEATED TEH ZELDA!!!!

The ending was quite well done. I enjoyed it very much and feel it was worth all the work.

Kirbypuff
04-12-2003, 10:09 AM
Spoiler

The roll, jump, stab Ganon in the head animation was sweet.

End spoiler

AtmaWeapon
04-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Yeah, it took me like 10 minutes to figure out I had to parry him to do that... I thought if Zelda hit him enough times, he'd die LOL

TheGeepster
04-12-2003, 02:50 PM
There's also the inclination to attempt to whack the stunned Ganon, as opposed to waiting for the counterstrike opportunity. I had to combat that.

The roughest puppet battle had to be the third form, the Giant Moldorm. For one, health and magic were harder to get a hold of, and the orb was also harder to hit when Speedy's racing around at 90 MPH. You could stun him for a brief moment, but you didn't really have enough time to squeeze off a shot before he was running again.

Kirbypuff
04-12-2003, 05:48 PM
I thought the only boring part of the game was collecting the triforce, exept for the fighting dungeons. You had to get the map, bring it to tingle, and then go get the shard. It would have been better for me if they replaced all the maps with shards, because it would have been less boring.

Dart Zaidyer
04-13-2003, 05:23 PM
About the Moldorm puppet: What's wrong with you people? I hit the tail every time I shot at it and beat him the first time I saw him, and I didn't even know I had to slow him down first until now.

Kirbypuff
04-13-2003, 08:10 PM
I beat him the first time I played him. It wasn't that hard.

KingArthur
04-14-2003, 12:40 AM
I was pretty dissapointedwith the Ganondorf fight, I wanted him to turn into Ganon, but no cigar :( oh well. The end WAS very dramatic though.

Glenn the Great
04-14-2003, 04:16 AM
The item you're looking for is the Magic Armor. You'll get it somewhere in the NE quadrant. It's sort of a dumbed down Nayru's Love.

TheGeepster
04-14-2003, 06:37 AM
You get the Magic Armor from a certain shopkeeper in Windfall. But you have to accomplish something else before he gives it to you.