PDA

View Full Version : Black Gleeok 2

Ielen
04-11-2003, 07:31 AM
Has anyone encountered this problem of a totally black Gleeok 2 with the 182 ZQuest editor? Is the Gleeok 2 supposed to be totally black? What can I do to give him the Gleeok 1 color?

I'm using the Pure Tileset. Thanks much appreciated.

ShadowTiger
04-11-2003, 08:05 AM
Ah. there must be a palatte filled. If it's 100% black, instead of it's skin being various shades of black, then you need to find the right palatte. In ZQuest, hit F1. It should bring up the help file. Go find under the palatte section the area which describes the palatte of the new monsters. There -should- be one for Gleeok 2's.

However, it certainly couldn't hurt to just use the same palatte for all the bosses, so I use my red enemy palatte. It work kinda nicely, actually, since it can incorporate the green from Manhandlas, and the red from Dodongo's underbellies, and etc.

So if you want to do that, just copy the red monster cset from the main palattes by hitting "c," and going into the sprites palatte, and covering all the black csets with it. :) Of course, make a backup first. ;)

Ielen
04-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Thanks BH4! I'll go experiment on it.

ShadowTiger
04-11-2003, 10:48 AM
Sure! ^_^ Do you know how to color the palattes? It's important to know. ;)

Ielen
04-11-2003, 11:01 AM
I need some time to digest what you have posted. I don't think I want to color the palette since the Pure Tileset already has very nice color. Perhaps what I could do is maybe use enemies from another tileset, then grab them and copy/paste over the current enemies.

Verbatim
04-11-2003, 02:03 PM
I think you're misunderstanding the problem...it's that a portion of the Pure tileset is blank--all the colors are black--and that's why your Gleeok 2 isn't showing up right. So what you need to do is fill in the palette that the Gleeok 2 uses.

I've checked the read-me for Zquest, and the Gleeok 2 uses the Extra Sprites Palette #13. The original Gleeok uses ESP #1, so if you copy ESP #1 to ESP #13, your Gleeok 2 will look just like a regular Gleeok.

Once you've done that, you can try editing the colors to something different, but about the same brightness as the original, if you want to try your hand at re-coloring your Gleeok red, blue, gold, purple...whatever you like.

Ielen
04-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Okay, I'll try to digest all these info hehe :D
Thanks Verbatim & BH4, with much appreciation :)