PDA

View Full Version : Technology is very helpful....

Blonde799
04-10-2003, 07:20 AM
http://completezc.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=475&s=

I bet a lot of you know about this, but I just happen to stumble upon it. I'm thinking this a late version of Windows, but maybe it isn't....:odd:
I'm contracting the "what if" virus here.:eyebrow:

carrot red
04-10-2003, 09:22 AM
I've got Office 2000. I typed it and got something other than the plane at first (a thumbsdown sign).
But it's pretty creepy.

Ich
04-10-2003, 09:33 AM
originally posted by BH4
I t s b u l l s h * t!

Breaker
04-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Type in: QNY 33

And why are these letters and numbers significant? Oh wait, they aren't. -_-

Blonde799
04-10-2003, 09:50 AM
EDIT: For those who don't know, QNY 33 is the number on a plane, and the characters are supposed to represent what happened on that day.

Anyway, I'd to believe Ich here, but now I'm thinking too much.
:reading:

ShadowTiger
04-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Thanks for quoting me. :drool: :D I saw that somewhere on a page my dad brought home from work. His friend in CA sends him E-mail jokes, he brings 'em home for the wee ones, and I intercept them on the way to the kitchen table. Boy, that was good one. ... I wonder if we can find it again.

AtmaWeapon
04-10-2003, 02:55 PM
http://66.165.133.65/index.html

The last "coincidence" is strictly a manufactured one. Although typing the characters "Q33NY" using the Wingdings font does produce the string of images shown below (an airplane, two pieces of paper that sort of resemble buildings, a skull and crossbones, and a Star of David), there was no flight "Q33NY" involved in the terrorist attack on New York City (the two flights who planes were crashed into the building were American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175), nor does that string correspond to any airplane's tail number or any airline's flight number.

Snopes.com is my first source whenever I hear things like that.

TheGeepster
04-11-2003, 05:12 AM
What is Snopes.com dedicated to Atma? I get the feeling that it's a reality check kinda site for tabloid types.

Shadowblazer
04-11-2003, 06:09 AM
Why not just go to www.snopes.com and find out? :p

If you can't be bothered though, it's a site that provides information on and debunks (where possible) all sorts of Urban Legends. Really, really good stuff. Like Atma, it's the first site I check whenever I read something bizarre like this. My mother has finally gotten to the point where she no longer believes every outlandish e-mail forward she gets, thanks to my unfailingly providing her with a link to Snopes for everything she passes along to me ;)

Verbatim
04-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Hmm...I'll have to bookmark that.

Mostly, the trash forwards I've gotten is of the VRIUS WLLI ETA YUOR COMPTUR!!!11 type, which are easily disprooved by a quick trip to McAffee.com, but being able to disproove all that other trash going around would be nice, too.