PDA

View Full Version : First Quest Beta

Sephiroth
04-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Now this is my first quest.. Iv'e been working on it for a month now... my quest is a beta version. so don't expect a full game. only 3 levels. It is pretty straightforward. you will need Zelda Classic Version 1.92 Build 182 to play. I hope you like it. Now enough with the blabbing. Here (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/okemonpikachu/zeldaquest.html) is the quest review made by me. The link to the quest is at the bottom of the page.

Kry
04-09-2003, 08:41 PM
AWSOME!!! 2 things though. I don't know if it's me or what but
I start out with about 120 heart containers. Also on the first level. If you hookshot to the boss door without the key you're stuck there until you reset. You might want to reconsider that idea...

Sephiroth
04-09-2003, 08:45 PM
It's probably you.. This is a beta you know.. there is still bugs out there somewhere......LMAO:lol:

Kry
04-09-2003, 09:08 PM
True...

idontknow
04-09-2003, 09:32 PM
um..no offense...but there's hardly any enemies...most rooms it seems are empty..you just simply walk through them, which to me it pointless...sorry, but the quest is pretty boring and just is not appealing; of course, i'm used to playing some very complex quests that have taken years to design and as you had even said so yourself that you have spent a whole month (ooh boy! ;)) working on this quest, i just don't think this quest is that great...sorry :(

Sephiroth
04-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Dude! I'm still working on the quest.. I've only released this just to let you know what is in store for you.. when I get done. there will be a lot more enemies that there is now.. GOT IT..

THIS QUEST IS A BETA VERSION AND I AM NOT DONE WITH IT!!!!!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ms_zelda_lady
04-09-2003, 09:42 PM
I think I have found a bug Snort. I am trying to use the raft to get to level 2 but all I do is go in circles. No matter which direction I press it still goes back to the dock. You moght want to check it out or tell me what I'm doing wrong.
It's the start of what might be a pretty good quest. Add more enemies and then just take it from there.

ms_zelda_lady

Sephiroth
04-09-2003, 10:07 PM
When you leave the dock. go to the left, then after two screens, hold right down..
I should put a hint guy for that.....

Sephiroth
04-09-2003, 11:29 PM
Ok guys.. I updated the quest and I cramned in as many enemies as I could :lol: so try this one out.. same link as above. follow it...

VEL
04-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Please don't double post (posting twice in a row) it is against the rules. Please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead. ;)

idontknow
04-10-2003, 03:15 PM
alright..i have several points to make:
A. I'm sorry; i did not mean to make you that mad...i'm just used to seeing rooms that arent' completely empty
B. Its fine to go ahead & release betas that are completed & what not, but if you have practically nothing, then you shouldn't release a beta yet; you should wait until a time that would serve you well & get people to want to look forward to continuing your quest..whatever levels/parts you plan to include in your beta should be perked up & interesting before you release it
C. please don't say that you have just thrown a bunch of enemies together & then added them to the room....cramming rooms with enemies is not necessarily a good thing; your beta will not be that much better just because you have crammed a room full of enemies
D. As far as other stuff, it seems like you know what you're doing & being that this is in fact your first quest, & have you only worked on it for like a month, i still give ya some props...keep it up

Superstrider
04-11-2003, 12:50 PM
:mega:
Snort, I hope you finish your quest, soon. I want to try the complete version. By the way, everyone, I have a quest that I'm working on. I need Sonic the Hedgehog tiles. I have started a tread in the ZC Suggestions section involving this. I need them for my quest. Please e-mail me the tiles if you make them, and please put the subject as "ZQuest Sonic Tiles." Thank you.

Superstrider
04-11-2003, 01:01 PM
I will post my quest (what I have done) later. The Sonic tiles on it are those that I have created. I will need more, please. Oh, many of my messages are several strings long. You will have to press the sword button to advance to the next string. Thank you.

VEL
04-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Superstrider, please don't double post (posting twice in a row) it is against the rules. Please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead. ;)

Superstrider
04-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Has anyone found any Sonic Tiles for me, yet?