PDA

View Full Version : Help for playing custom quests

Knil
04-08-2003, 04:36 PM
i have a very nice quest coming along, but i cant seem to get it to run on the classic zelda program so i can play it. i have the windows 1.92 beta 182 and support archive. Could someone help me with this? :banghead:

idontknow
04-08-2003, 06:23 PM
Ahhh!! you should read the post about setting the quest directory & playing custom quests first, before you make posts like this! Come on Newbies!!! hahaha..i'm just kidding..it's just annoying to have to see all these posts simply regarding how to set the quest directory; anyway, here's breifly how you play your custom quest:
1. Download the program "Zelda Classic"-where you could play your quests.
2. Open up the program & create a new directory
3. Give your directory a name and then press the "Enter Button"
4. Click anyway in program to get a grey menu bar at the top of the screen. Click the menu Settings and the click "Key buttons".
5. Set up which buttons on the key board will be your "A" & "B" buttons-the ones used in the NES. A is for using your sword & B for items
6. At the file menu, using the arrow keys, select the new file that you want the custom quest to be played in. Press the B button. Then press the B button again to set the quest file from the directory or press A to cancel.
7. After selecting the quest file, press Enter & start your quest.
8. If it says "Not a custom quest", go back into zquest & then go into the menu Quest, Header. Make sure the quest # is 0. If not, change it to 0 & save the changes.

Verbatim
04-08-2003, 08:09 PM
That's a convoluted explanation, idk...though it is fairly thorough.

I assume you can already play the first quest, so you have ZC installed right, and your playing buttons set up...

Put the quest file in your ZC folder, or a folder where you keep all your quests (ZC requires tha all your quests be in the same folder). Create a new save-game file by registering a new name (it's best to use a shortening of the name of the quest, so you can remember what quest it is later, when you have lots downloaded), then press the A button (the sword button), which brings up an info screen. Press A again...it'll bring up an almost useless window...press the "browse" button. Go to the folder your quest is in (if you need to go up a folder from where you are to get to your quest directory, click on the "..") Once you get to the folder where your quest is, select it, and click OK (twice, to close both windows), then press the B button to exit the quest info screen, and enter to start playing.

Well...and...

Originally posted by idontknow
8. If it says "Not a custom quest", go back into zquest & then go into the menu Quest, Header. Make sure the quest # is 0. If not, change it to 0 & save the changes.