PDA

View Full Version : Did you sleep well last night?

fatcatfan
04-08-2003, 11:28 AM
A good friend of mine, who was the best man in my wedding, who is a graduate of West Point Military Academy, who is currently stationed in Germany, and who has orders to report to Kuwait in the next few weeks, sent me this email over the weekend.
--
Think About This!

I happen to believe a picture is worth a thousand words...
No matter what you might feel about this war. No matter what personal political views our servicemen might feel about this war. Bottom line, they are doing their job, because that IS their job. They do it for us... even if we disagree with what they are doing. They still do it for us. So ask yourself.... Were you comfortable last night.. safe and warm in your own bed? Did you get a hot meal? A hot bath? Some clean jammies? Then look at these servicemen and know that they are there because they love this country and believe in it.... and they believe in YOU. You have the right to disagree.... you have that right, because men and women like these do what they do for all of us.

http://webpages.charter.net/fatcatfan/images/sleep1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/fatcatfan/images/sleep2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/fatcatfan/images/sleep3.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/fatcatfan/images/sleep4.jpg

Ich
04-08-2003, 12:13 PM
I think that, with the war in progress, the mood of the people has shifted from "Don't send our troops in" to "Finish this up; get our troops out." I come from a peace church, but I strongly believe that this war was and is necessary. Yes, I was comfortable last night, peacefully in bed. I hold a great deal of respect for the men and women who fight for this great nation.

ShadowTiger
04-08-2003, 02:34 PM
Holy..... So do you think that they're better off than me, in the time when the roof above my bed collapsed during the night and I woke up with snow on my head? :shrug: I mean, at least I had a (short) good laugh about it. :odd: At least they're probably warm. Except... during the night when it may get cold, or so I've heard.

Did he say anything about temperature?

Foxy
04-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Thanks for sharing, fatcatfan. It's moments like this when we all should be able to find at least one thing to be thankful for. I had to sleep without my husband last night, and I was lonely and sad, but....after seeing those pictures...I know I don't have it so bad. They're without their loved ones as well. And in much more difficult circumstances. We should be thankful for what we have, the comforts we take for granted...and we should keep those serving our country in our prayers daily.

And I still get a kick out of those pitiful people who will look at pictures like these, and other pictures from the war, and shrug it off like it's no big deal....

Cronic
04-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Temps were in the 90's, and I got to see the pics over the weekend.

Whatever though it only serves as a reminder of how pointless and punishing this all really is.

carrot red
04-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by foxygrl
Thanks for sharing, fatcatfan. It's moments like this when we all should be able to find at least one thing to be thankful for... We should be thankful for what we have, the comforts we take for granted...and we should keep those serving our country in our prayers daily.

And I still get a kick out of those pitiful people who will look at pictures like these, and other pictures from the war, and shrug it off like it's no big deal....

That's very close to what I was thinking, foxy.:thumbsup:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, fatcatfan.
God bless them and God bless America.

BH4, it's desert temperature, very hot during the day and cold during the night. And if that isn't bad enough, there are sand storms...

Jigglysaint
04-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Sacrifice is the ultimate virtue, and the people who believe in sacrifice and practice it are honestly above all others.

Beldaran
04-08-2003, 05:28 PM
My best friend is over their right now, sleeping in one of those ditches no doubt, and I have more respect for him than just about anyone else I know.

Good luck and I hope you come home safe, Jesse W.:(

Jer1400
04-08-2003, 05:39 PM
I don't sleep...well, not a lot atleast. I sleep an average of 2 hours per night.

Mander
04-08-2003, 06:22 PM
I feel for all the troops over there. I also feel for the woman that put her child to bed at night and now tries to find her child buried under the rubble of her ruined house. The soliders have it tough the people of Iraq have it even tougher.

Patrick Star
04-08-2003, 08:47 PM
No I did not sleep well. I was really bad in baseball because of it.