PDA

View Full Version : But I thought they destroyed it?

fatcatfan
04-07-2003, 03:42 PM
http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/special_packages/iraq/5573683.htm

Sarin nerve gas, which we knew they had in 1991, which they allegedly destroyed as part of the cooperative disarmament which was a term of the cease fire in 1991. This isn't a mysterious factory or some such... this is real people, soldiers *and* reporters, getting sick because of exposure to sarin nerve agents and having to be decontaminated.

Blonde799
04-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Now if everyone took my advice to freeze the whole place, we wouldn't have this problem.:p Hope the issue gets resolved, and a certain person getting raped in a cell.:)

DarkDragon
04-07-2003, 03:53 PM
If the stuff is buried, the war may be over before we can excavate. Until then, Saddam will probably claim the facility was used to destroy his weapons...

carrot red
04-07-2003, 03:57 PM
...and we'll be accused of propaganda again.

DarkDragon
04-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Well, that's not too hard of an accusation to make. Every democratic nation engaged in a war since the 19th century has employed propaganda.

AtmaWeapon
04-07-2003, 06:29 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,83385,00.html

Heh. Check out THAT propaganda. According to the Iraqi Minister of Information, there are NO tanks in Baghdad, and they have killed any coalition forces that have tried to get in.

Ich
04-07-2003, 09:23 PM
The point is, Bush's actions are and were justified. Saddam would kill every single American if he got the chance.

DarkDragon
04-07-2003, 10:01 PM
That is perhaps incorrect; I think Saddam is intelligent enough to realize that if he tried to kill many American civillians, his country would be reduced to a nuclear wasteland.

mikeron
04-08-2003, 01:55 AM
My favorite related link: Hans Blix, where are you? (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_040703/content/truth_detector.guest.html)

TheGeepster
04-08-2003, 04:52 AM
In the old days, before AD was attached to the the year, there was but one rule for a prophet. His predictions had to come true on pains of death. I wonder how many politicians and speaking heads we'd get rid of if we renewed this policy.

Propaganda is a loaded word, but if it means attempting to convince others of the stated viewpoint of the nation's administration, it is indeed the norm and very well ought to be. The negative side of it only comes into play when the arguments and facts presented are deceptive in nature.

But to be honest, I listened to Hans Blix once or twice, and his statement seemed to be that none had been found, without any commitment on Hans' part as to whether or not Saddam had them. It's just that the way he stated this seemed to indicate on the surface that he believed Saddam didn't.

Didya hear about the latest Iraqi press release. Apparently they sent a detachment of Iraqis to New York and managed to take over the Yankees Stadium, with Broadway next on their target list! (Heard it on Rush Limbaugh, as a sarcastic response highlighting the incredibility of Iraqi MOI claims.)

Zeo
04-08-2003, 09:33 AM
hmm yes, took over Yankee staduim huh?

And like that wouldn't cuase another 9-11 scale incident?

People really need to think aboutt higns, instead of just beiolieivng what the TV tells them...........esp when its a national offense to own a satallite dish...........

Matteo
04-08-2003, 10:13 AM
wait... so thats why the yankee game was cancelled last night!!!

o.O

VashdeStampedo!
04-08-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
The point is, Bush's actions are and were justified. Saddam would kill every single American if he got the chance.
If he's a terrorist, he's had billions of chances to kill Americans. Thus, you're wrong one way or the other.

AtmaWeapon
04-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by VashdeStampedo!

If he's a terrorist, he's had billions of chances to kill Americans. Thus, you're wrong one way or the other.

He may not have attacked Americans, but ask some Kurds if Sadaam Hussein is Santa Claus.

Zeo
04-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon

He may not have attacked Americans, but ask some Kurds if Sadaam Hussein is Santa Claus.

Hear hear!

Why do you think the Kurds are part of the coalition? Becuase Saddam left presents for them on Ramanha maybe?

Only if you consider bullets shot at you and grenades exploding among you "presents"...............