PDA

View Full Version : Questions about all those items

PsychoNess
04-06-2003, 06:31 PM
I am really curious if there is a post or a site or soemthing that could help me figure out what all those new spiffy items do. My biggest wonder is that cross in this game, what does that do? I think i kinda figure out the rest through trial and error... might I also humbully sugest that you add the functions of the items are in the help file too, please?

Thanks a bunch to you all

Jigglysaint
04-06-2003, 06:49 PM
The cross allows you to see invisible enemies. There's an invisible enemy screen flag that it conteracts.

idontknow
04-06-2003, 09:42 PM
first of all, what version do you have?..secondly, here's a breif rundown of what all items that were not featured in the original quest do:
1. hookshot: stuns most enemies; pulls Link to any "HS Grab" combo & activates "Hookshot" flags
2. cross/amulet: reveals invisible enemies
3. lens of truth: reveals all secrets on the screen on & walk-thru door combos
4. golden arrow: basically it is just twice as powerful as the silver arrow & it activates all arrow flags.
5. super bomb: a bomb with a bigger explosion size & activates both 'bomb' & 'superbomb' flags.
*6. kill all enemies: kills all enemies in that screen
*7. Dins' Fire: A spell that consumes a lot of magic, allowing Link to toss a fireball in the air which comes back down & then makes a large ring of fire around Link
*8. Farore's Wind: not implemented yet but it will most likely allow Link to set up warp points & warp to them, as it does in OoT
*9. Nayru's Love: also not implemented yet, it will probably use magic to create a barrier around Link which will make him virtually invincible
10. Heart Container Piece: Collect 4 of these & Link will cain a new heart container
*11. boss key: used to unlock all boss lock blocks & boss doors on that dmap
12. magic jars: used to fill the magic meter
13. magic container: when collected, it will extend your magic meter; a full magic meter consists of 9 magic containers
14. small wallet: allows Link to collect up to 500 rupees
15. large wallet: allows Link to collect up to 999 rupees
16. misc 1/misc 2: currently does nothing at all; just two miscellaneous items you can allow Link to collect (do not show in the subscreen)
*17. mirror shield: reflects all magic, fireballs, & flames
18. master sword: does 16X as much damage as the wooden sword
19. hammer: breaks darknut shields, activates secrets via the "Hammer" and "strike" flags, and smashes "pound" combos that will turn into the next combo when pounded.
20. Fire boomerang: not only does it stun enemies, it also does physical damage to them.
*21. Bow 2: simply allows Link to shoot arrows more rapidly
22. bracelet 2: allows Link to push heavy & heavy 2 push combos
23. Boots: protect Link from damage combos; if set to consume magic via a quest rule, then it will drain magic when Link runs over damage combos when he has the boots & if he runs out, the boots' affects will wear off so he will no longer be protected
24. Flippers: Allow Link to swim in "Water" combos
*25. golden ring: gives Link a new cset and makes enemies do 1/8 their original damage amount

*Need the latest beta for these items

Jigglysaint
04-06-2003, 11:13 PM
The mirror shield was coded by Phantom Menace, hence it is not a new item