PDA

View Full Version : All Your Base Are Belong in Jail

Warlock
04-06-2003, 01:40 AM
http://wwmt.com/engine.pl?station=wwmt&id=468&template=breakout_local.html

Hahahaha.. take that BIOTCHES! That's what you get for thinking something that is years old is still funny (it wasn't that funny to begin with) :D

Dracula
04-06-2003, 01:54 AM
Anyone who uses the "ALL YOUR BASE" joke outside the internet deserves to be shot... Jackasses

AlexMax
04-06-2003, 02:09 AM
I agree wholeheartedly.

Howevrer...

"a borderline terrorist threat depending on what someone interprets it to mean. We didn't take it as a joke and neither did the dozens of people who received this because we had calls from a number of them who didn't really know what to do. Did they need more security? Should they operate their businesses? What did it mean?"

People this stupid should be shot. "Borderline terrorist threat".....jesus.....

Brasel
04-06-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by AlexMax
I agree wholeheartedly.

Howevrer...

People this stupid should be shot. "Borderline terrorist threat".....jesus.....

If they hadn't put the "No chance to survive make your time", I'm sure it wouldn't have been taken this way. In light of recent events, people that don't surf the internet might be a little afraid of this. I'm not suprised at all.

obi
04-06-2003, 05:05 AM
I think the worst part is that it's not suprising...

This world seems to be going downhill so damn fast nowadays...

Myth
04-06-2003, 09:46 AM
I agree Sir Anthony, it also seems somewhat religious "make your time" and something i wouldnt put past the psychopathic suiciders of alla (sp).

Im not a religious man, but anyone who blames or uses religion to fuel hatred is an asshole. more on the subject, ayb is old already, people need to let sleeping dogs lie.

TheGeepster
04-06-2003, 04:38 PM
I can understand where people who have probably never heard this joke (probably the majority of people) could interpret such in light of recent events focusing on terrorism. So treating it seriously was not a bad thing fror authorities to do.

I think they'll treat these pranksters with due process and in proportion to the offense, which was mostly harmless.

VashdeStampedo!
04-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Myth
I agree Sir Anthony, it also seems somewhat religious "make your time" and something i wouldnt put past the psychopathic suiciders of alla (sp).

Im not a religious man, but anyone who blames or uses religion to fuel hatred is an asshole.
You do know that Islam teaches peace, right?

I don't think that prank could have turned out better. It's dorky to have put up the signs, but the fear makes it funny.

Demimore
04-07-2003, 07:10 AM
Pretty wierd stuff... Heh :rolleyes: ;)

But what was that from anyway? I don't remember....

Teilyr
04-07-2003, 09:53 AM
I can't believe this nonsense.. Then again, anyone that would take this outside of the 'net and CTF games should be smacked.

Originally posted by Demimore
Pretty wierd stuff... Heh :rolleyes: ;)

But what was that from anyway? I don't remember.... A Sega Genesis game called Zero Wing, which was poorly translated.

Jigglysaint
04-07-2003, 06:29 PM
well it's a good thing they didn't decide to write the part of the message "someone set us up the bomb"

Look, the human race as evolved to the point where people are so overconcerned with small things because they don't want their lives to be taken without advance warning(pointless killings is not only wrong and evil, but scary, look at the snipers).

Peace has been taken from the earth, there is only one way to survive this, so make your time!

TheGeepster
04-08-2003, 04:35 AM
Actually, I've seen other examples of bad translation, but only because I bought 14 DVDs of "Inu Yasha" that shipped from Asia somewhere. Apparently good translators are hard to come by there. (For example, confusing "he" and "she", and inconsistent translation of the same phrases.)

Daarkseid
04-08-2003, 04:46 AM
My brother and father were talking about doing a prank similar to this, however it would've been more subtle than what these guys did. Essentially, existing billboards would have the All your base phrases carefully placed on them, so as to actually fit with the board, so people would only gradually notice it as they drive past the same board day in and day out. And the phrases would be more meant to confuse people than to frighten.

bigjoe
04-08-2003, 06:55 AM
I can imagine a huge "All your base are belong to us" protest in light of this

Demimore
04-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Holy crap! I MUST have that game!! Someone set us up the bomb. That is REALLY funny!! :laughing:

Zero Wing, eh.... I will get it as soon as I can find it. One more Genesis game into the collection never hurts. ;)

Warlock
04-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
Actually, I've seen other examples of bad translation, but only because I bought 14 DVDs of "Inu Yasha" that shipped from Asia somewhere. Apparently good translators are hard to come by there. (For example, confusing "he" and "she", and inconsistent translation of the same phrases.)

You my friend are the victim of Asian piracy ;P

TheGeepster
04-08-2003, 05:15 PM
So I gathered early on Warlock. It should have been much more obvious, shouldn't it? I may fork out the money for the authorized translations sometimes, but thus far they've only released 9 episodes, maybe 12.