PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who thought it was dead...

Cloral
04-05-2003, 10:35 PM
My group quest still lives, and is still churning along. This is the map of the overworld:
http://cloral.homestead.com/files/north.JPG
http://cloral.homestead.com/files/1.JPG
http://cloral.homestead.com/files/2.JPG

Now I do have all the level workers I need, however I think I'm going to be needing a couple more hands for working on sidequests. Let me know if you're interested, and by that time I'll figure out what exactly I need people for. And BTW the sidequests will in general be full-on levels, and are for the most part what the player has to go through in order to get a nice (and usually optional) treasure. Also, if someone wants to help me finish out the overworld and distribute secrets, that would be some help I could use.

idontknow
04-06-2003, 11:09 AM
i like it! yeah, i'll help...what kinds of "sidequests" do you want?..i could make pretty good puzzles & challenges & stuff...also, ya know the Gerudo's Training Grounds from Ocarina of Time? i could do something cool like that where you need to complete a bunch of challenges to collect a bunch of keys in order to get to a cool, special item..if you would like my help, pm me with the details

firebug
04-06-2003, 11:31 AM
looking nice, prince! good luck, im sorry i can't offer my services, but i'm in the grip of some serious quest-building at the moment. :)

PrinceMSC
04-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Uhm... I think you have the wrong person, firebug. See, I'm working on a quest called Mystic Land by myself. Cloral is working on a group quest which you can see his overworld in the top post.

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

DarkFlameWolf
04-06-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm good at hiding secrets, as attested to the numerous amount of emails I receive from Hidden Duality asking for every manner of secret I plugged in there. So I'll be happy to give your quest a run-down and see if my eye spots any good places for secrets.

*b*
04-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Holy crapin crap! that's incredable, cloral! It's so big and purdy! but, I have noticed a few minor bugs, but who cares!? I'm simply amazed at the size of that, and I can't wait to play it!

Cloral
04-07-2003, 01:22 AM
That's good DFW. There's one secret in particular that's meant to be hidden quite well, and I've been toying with where to put it for quite some time.

And after some thought, I've come up with the sub quests that still need volunteers.
Watery cave Volcano Mine Some sort of quest that ends with getting the Titan Mitt
You can probably figure out where on the map some of these levels would be.
One other subquest has already been completed (thanks to gdorf for the Sacred Shrine), and one is already assigned (the Lab).

DarkFlameWolf
04-07-2003, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I noticed a few good hiding spots too for secrets just by looking at the overview map. :)

zora man
04-07-2003, 02:36 AM
Glad to see it is getting worked on.:)

Demimore
04-07-2003, 04:14 AM
Is this Golden seal? If it is.... YES! I played the demo and I loved it!

Also, I saw an Ys 3 MIDI in that quest. Cloral, do you know about Ys?

idontknow
04-07-2003, 12:48 PM
cloral, what exactly do ya mean by "sidequests"?...other dungeons that hold special items other than the triforce?..if ya need that, i might be able to help ya..i'd be willing to try a volcanoe...here's some specific questions that might hellp me go about creating the volcanoe:
1. What items should Link already have when entering it?
2. What is the special item Link is trying to obtain?
3. Is it more puzzle oriented or enemy oriented?
4. How big do you want it to be?
5. Do you want to include a map/compass/boss key?
6. What kind of dmap is it?
7. What kinds of secrets should be included?
8. Do you want any 'special affects'?
9. What kind of graphics should be used?
10. What dmap midi should be played?
11. If a dungeon, should it be 'freeform'?
12. What types of enemies do you want featured?

these are just some of the important things to consider...give me a buzz (PM me) with some ideas if you would like me to create a volcanoe for your quest...thanx

System Error
04-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Very nice! I like it, I like it! I might help, but I'll have to think about it.

tai90210
04-21-2003, 03:06 AM
I wish I could help but when I compare my stuff to yours it makes mine look like something the dog puked up! I love that overworld! My only skill is making an ok level really fast.