PDA

View Full Version : group quest

idontknow
04-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Anybody wanna make a group quest with me?...i want a make a very good quest utilizing all the latest features to my advantage but as i suck at overworlds & storylines & all that, i would like some help...i am willing to do mostly dungeon stuff, especially:
-block puzzles
-challenges
-Custom bosses
-battles
...etc...if you are interesting, please post here, along with your experience in zquest (estimated number of years), age, and e-mail name..i will send you an e-mail later...i need people for:
-Overworld Design
-Storyline
-Houses
-Caves
-Puzzles/Minigames
-Dungeons
--I would like to have between 3-6 other people...also, if you have an idea for maybe a theme/story, post your ideas here too please. Thanks!

System Error
04-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Hmm...maybe I'll help. :shrug: Group quests can be confusing, however.

PrinceMSC
04-05-2003, 04:46 PM
Has there ever been a group that seceded in finishing the quest? I know I've seen them go and come. But I've never seen one complete.

If I was to start a group quest I would work on the overworld first and then when its complete, meaning everything in the overworld works and it is very much playable, I would then ask for people to design levels for me. After I have my volunteers for each level I would give them as much information about the level and what things should be in it. I would give them two weeks to finishing it. And after its done pass it to the next person.

The problem occurs when the person has something else to do now and can't make a level or just doesn't want too. And when that would happen I would ask someone else if they would like too, or I would make the level.

Anyway, that's kind of what I would do. But best of luck getting it going.

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

idontknow
04-05-2003, 08:46 PM
well, i'm not good at overworlds, but i am at dungeons; would you be interested in doing an overworld, Prince?

Cloral
04-05-2003, 10:30 PM
My group quest has been going for a year and a half. And it's still going... well, slowly anyway.

Let me make the following suggestion. Before you start, get your tileset in order and then come up with a consistant scheme for adding on to it! The tiles and combos have become very confusing in mine, and I've been spending the last few days cleaning it up.

PrinceMSC
04-06-2003, 12:48 AM
Well, that's good to know that your group quest is still in the works, Cloral.

And as much as I would like to make you an overworld, idontknow, I honestly wouldn't have the time. Here lately my top priority is to finish Mystic Land. And I think I know about when it will be released, and I'm sorry to say, its not anytime soon.

However, maybe when ML is done we might be able to team up. We would defiantly have a good tileset to use. ;)

firebug
04-06-2003, 11:21 AM
i've got an idea for a storyline! it plays off of the 'hero of time' theme a lil bit, but here goes:
link awakes in a laboratory with no sense of where or who he is... the first dungeon would be the laboratory full of puzzles, and an item/weapon at the end. the first half of the game would be link learning who he was and what happened to him (evil experiments with his brain in order to create inherent magical abilities) i would say he doesn't know about anything until the halfway point (after maybe 5 dungeons and a couple minidungeons). say mid-quest boss would be ganon.. and at the killing blow, ganon reveals who link really is, and proceeds to seal him in a magical orb for a couple of thousand years... (cutscenes galore!) say.. something (maybe an earthquake?) breaks the seal and link finds himself in a world of technology/magic, murder, and mayhem.. all brought about by the REAL men in charge.. the ones who originally oversaw the experimentations. say there are six of them with six (insert new triforce name) that link has to uncover in order to defeat (insert custom boss here) and find his way back to his own time. this is kind of on the fly, but hey.. if you like it i can expand on it some! i always have time for stories, IDK, but im quite busy working on my own quest(s) at the moment :(
however, if you do choose to use my story, lemme know and i'll post up a more complete idea :)

MagmaLord
04-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by PrinceMSC

However, maybe when ML is done we might be able to team up. We would defiantly have a good tileset to use. ;)

Prince, my GQ has been out for months. And I would be honored to join up with the best damn quest makers available to make THE ULTIMATE QUEST!!! ;)

Blankboard
04-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Sure... Ive been waiting for this.... but if Im to help.... leave the planning of storline and items and anything non-building to me.... I already have a great quest concept.... It basically deals with lots of familiar places and a neat little arcapelligo(sp?) starring a brand new character who has a trace of Hylian blood in *HER*..... also if it is wanted I have and idea to make it a two part quest but you would need two teams to accomplish this...... I think it would be a smashing hit..... If you wish to have my help and input or learn more about my idea..... Email or PM me......

PrinceMSC
04-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by MagmaLord

Prince, my GQ has been out for months. And I would be honored to join up with the best damn quest makers available to make THE ULTIMATE QUEST!!! ;)

Ah that's really nice of you to say.:redface: I'm sorry I didn't know about your GQ release. You must have released it around the time I abandon this place.

You know, I'm not sure what I'm going to do after I finish ML. There are a couple of things I may do. One would be make custom tiles to add to the ML set and release newer versions every week or so. Another one would be to make a group quest. I've also thought of making a small puzzle quest with tons of ZC tricks. But to tell you the truth, I haven't the slightest clue of what I'm going to do.

I'm sorry, I'm getting off on my own topic. So anyways, where was we...

Cloral
04-07-2003, 01:17 AM
BTW, since we're on the topic:

The other group quest from around that time was headed by Cyclone, and is actually pretty far along. In fact, levels 1-8 are done (I should know, since I contributed a level). You'd have to ask Cyclone though when that's going to be done. I hope it isn't too much longer, since I am pretty happy with the level I did for it and would like people to get the chance to play it.

Demimore
04-07-2003, 07:13 AM
Me wub making stories.... Lemme do that, huh? I can do it good. I assure you! I can also get you some nice tiles for the quest. If ya like. But I will not build. Nothing. I'm too busy with my other.....

Four quests.... Sigh.... ;)

Blankboard
04-07-2003, 05:46 PM
I also like working with MIDIs.....
Bloody Sobs (http://www.geocities.com/blank7769_ii/Bloody_sobs.mid)
Come into the Nth (http://www.geocities.com/blank7769_ii/Come_into_the_Nth.mid)
Cornerian Assault (http://www.geocities.com/blank7769_ii/Cornerianassult.mid)
Death to a Legend (http://www.geocities.com/blank7769_ii/Death_to_a_Legend.mid)
Max XXX (http://www.geocities.com/blank7769_ii/MaxXXX.mid)
These are just a few of my works.... whadda ya think.... if you dont have anyone working on music I could do that too.....

C-Dawg
04-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Nothing like a good dose of lazy quest designers who want someone else to do all the work! Hooray for you!

Perhaps a lesson from someone like Prince is in order? Sit your ass down, do the work yourself, and come back in two years with a product worth smiling about. Or just hack together something from a pre-made graphics pack and release it in a few months.(Insert cheap shot at DFW here). If it's fun, people will like it.

-C

Blankboard
04-10-2003, 10:25 PM
well C-Dawg your right.... people would like to sit on their asses and have people do their dirty work.... but for me.... bein in a group makes me work.... its strange but when I work with a group... I tend to do things alot easier than if I had no motivation.... and I believe we will prove you wrong.... (gulp... I hope).... SSSSOOOOO.... lets get this thing movin.... IDK.... guess I wish to join in league with you... do you accept?.....