PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Cookie!

Ultra22Lemming
04-04-2003, 08:58 PM
When April 2 rolls around, why don't you celebrate the birthday of an old friend? On that day in 1912, the Nabisco company announced "three entirely new varieties of the highest class biscuit packed in a new style." The company described the new cookies in the following way: The Mother Goose biscuit was "a rich, high class biscuit bearing impressions of the Mother Goose legends", the Veronese biscuit was "a delicious, hard, sweet biscuit of beautiful design and high quality", and, finally, the Oreo was "two beautifully embossed, chocalate-flavored wafers with a rich cream filling."

The Oreo has become a familiar friend to all of us, but the other two biscuit were never popular. So Nabisco stopped producing them after a few years. It was not the Mother Goose or the Veronese cookie that rose to fame and is now dunked in milk, crumbled in ice cream, or rolled into hungry mouths.

Because people like Oreos so much, the company sells more than five millionof these little sweeties every year. But where did the unusual name Oreo come from? Maybe it came from the first chairman of the National Biscuit Company, Adolphus Green. He knew that oreo is the Greek word for mountain and that in early testing the cookie actually looked like a mountain. Or perhaps the name came from the French word or, which means gold, an important color on the original label.

We don't know where the name came from, but we do know that Nabisco was one smart cookie when it came up with the Oreo!

So let's all gather together and say, Happy Birthday Cookie!

Note: I was busy with homework so I know I posted this a little late.

Drunken Tiger
04-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Errrrr....... yeah..

I like Oreo's.. But theyre waaay more expensive down here than back in the States.. :(

Jigglysaint
04-04-2003, 11:58 PM
I had an Oreo cookie ice cream sandwich last Wednesday and it was goood! I should buy a package sometime.

Rijuhn
04-05-2003, 12:40 AM
We had a pet bunny that was black with a white saddle (a stripe going across it's upper back where a saddle would be placed on a horse's back) so we named it Oreo. It was so CUTE, and tasted like chicken j/k. But it was cute! AWW!!

I used to eat Oreo cookies all the time but I haven't had any for about a year, maybe more.

Fiyerstorm
04-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Peanut butter and chocolate creme Oreos own j00....

System Error
04-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
I had an Oreo cookie ice cream sandwich last Wednesday and it was goood! I should buy a package sometime.

I had a Super Sandwich bar instead because it has more stuff than Oreo ice cream sandwich. And happy birthday, OREO!

Kirbypuff
04-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
Peanut butter and chocolate creme Oreos own j00....

I hate peanut butter.

System Error
04-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Kirbypuff

I hate peanut butter.

Are you allergic to it or something? Peanut Butter tastes great with regular butter and jelly with it.

KINGOFALLME2
04-05-2003, 07:38 PM
YUM! I love nabisco products! Hell, i love Nabisco!

Patrick Star
04-20-2003, 02:13 AM
Oreos Are really good..I would have to say they are my favorite cookie

Patrick Star
04-20-2003, 02:13 AM
Oreos Are really good..I would have to say they are my favorite cookie

mods please DELETE this post. Don't get angry It wasn't my falt

Aliem
04-20-2003, 02:16 AM
No cookie beats a home made cookie.