PDA

View Full Version : where's level 3?

idontknow
04-03-2003, 08:45 PM
where is level 3 located in HIDDEN DUALITY?...i thought in the desert in dark Galea but all i see is a pit i can't cross, some peahats, lots of trees, & a lone cactus...i figure i have to do something here but i'm not sure what...i have the blue candle, magic b'rang, bow & silver arrow, the wooden sword, & some regular bombs and thats about it...where do I go next?...what do i need?/what should i do?

synbios1978
04-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Check the eastern desert. It is in the desert, and I made the same mistake as well first time I was there. Head back north then to the east, and then south again and see if it helps.

idontknow
04-04-2003, 09:04 PM
oh...yeah, i found it...that thing you have to burn is very tricky...didn't realize it could be burned by i did try it and of course i found out that ya can burn it...anyways..i found the whistle & have like one key but i'm not sure where to go now...do you know if i could get a better sword & the blue ring and if so, where i can get these things?...this temple is very hard without them...wait a sec..i just realized that i'm playing the 'Extreme' Version...hmm...whats all that different anyways?...just the enemies or something?

DarkFlameWolf
04-05-2003, 01:41 AM
The enemies, naturally. They make things VERY tough. On top of that, you can now carry 24 hearts instead of 16, the 8 new hearts are scattered throughout random grottos. I also included the Golden Arrow and the Gold Ring to give you a chance. Other than that, its not too much different, just a LOT harder.

TheGeepster
04-05-2003, 02:20 AM
HDX is especially more difficult in the starting dungeons, before you get a chance to get many of the new heart containers. It is also noticeably harder in some of the later stages whenever the really difficult enemies show up en masse.

idontknow
04-05-2003, 02:21 PM
whats a grotto?..are they like the small caves w/ treasure chests in them?

TheGeepster
04-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Yup. Them's the Secret Grottos. There's supposed to be 121 but I've only ever found 119. (Maybe I'll look for the last 2 later.) But I did find all 8 with the heart pieces, so they are there.

DarkFlameWolf
04-05-2003, 06:01 PM
oh, there are 121. :)

System Error
04-05-2003, 06:25 PM
When I played Xtreme, I bought the Magic Shield ASAP. It's friggin' useful in the early dungeons.

NerdWarrior
04-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Ugh, where do I find the whistle? I've been stuck for a month looking for it.

idontknow
04-09-2003, 09:20 PM
in level 3, in the desert...there's 3 entrances for this temple; after entering the temple through one of the dungeons, which are on 3 different floors, go up one room & then to the right one room; there should be like 2 or 3 "aquamentus" enemies (although in this game they look more like 'gouls' or something, that will toss fireballs at you. Defeat them & all the other enemies in the room & the lava will change into stones, allowing you to go South one room to a block puzzle. Move the blocks around in an appropriate fashion to get to the treasure chest with the 'whistle' (ocarina in this quest) inside of it. Then proceed on with the rest of the temple.

NerdWarrior
04-09-2003, 09:54 PM
I'm missing a key for that...if I'm right, the door you're talking about is locked.

idontknow
04-10-2003, 03:16 PM
trying bombing walls that you might not expect to be bombable! especially walls that have already have a passage way on them but are offcenter...