PDA

View Full Version : I am consumero UNO!

Cronic
04-03-2003, 05:43 PM
I just strolled into my local EB and without much effort was able to convince the manager to give me a copy of the OoT bonus disk despite my having not purchased WW or preordering one ;)

So what's in store for me with MQ anyway?

vegeta1215
04-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Eh...not much. You go through the dungeons differently, and with the exception of the first 3 dungeons and the Spirit Temple, they're not harder than the original OoT dungeons. Just different, and in many cases there are fewer enemies. It's still fun though, playing a mixed OoT.

Cloral
04-03-2003, 06:07 PM
You especially shouldn't expect much from the Forest and Fire temples. They were real let downs in my opinion. My favorites were the Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, and the Spirit Temple.

jman2050
04-03-2003, 06:23 PM
My takes on each dungeon (so far). Don't read if you don't want to know what each dungeon is like.

Deku Tree - The hard part about this is the increased amount of enemies in each room, including the giant Deku plants and the baby gohmas

Dodongo's Cavern - My favorite so far. This dungeon was remixed beautifully. Room progression, enemy placement, and puzzles were challenging enough to make a good number of people cry. The room with a thousand armoses was also quite a surprise, and was quite annoying.

Jabu Jabu's belly - This one was alright. the cows are kind of scary, but other than that the puzzles aren't too hard, and you get the boomerang early enough so that you won't have a problem with enemies.

Forest Temple - Boring. Room progression was standard, enemy placement was bad, and although there were some devious puzzles, it just wasn't hard at all.

Fire Temple - The worst so far, simply because the enemy and obstacle placement bites so badly, and because you don't even have to the top three floors, except to knock that big pillar down to access the boss room. The only thing going for this place is the hookshot puzzles. Those were pretty good.

Water Temple - The ONLY thing I liked about this dungeon is that it had a lot of devious puzzles. Still, and hardened Zelda player will still find it easy. Plus the absence of about 3/4 of the enemies is a let-down (I think I only saw two of those clam things in the entire level). Plus, room progression was bad, a LOT more straight-forward than than the original, and not a lot of key doors.

Shadow Temple - Boring as well. Can't say much. Read the analysis on the Forest Temple

Spirit Temple - be afraid. Be very... very... afraid :) .