PDA

View Full Version : dunb question: are there any compatible sprties/tiles/maps from other games?

Knil
04-02-2003, 05:32 PM
what i have planned to do is implement characters from other games (ie final fantasy, solstice, startropics) that i would like to get into my quest as enemies and such (almost like in kingdom hearts), and would like to know if any one has these above, or if i have to make my own tiles, which isnt any problem, but id like them as close to the original, and im not good with pixels.... can any one help?
:naughty:

System Error
04-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Yes, it is indeed a dumb question. Yes, they are compatible. Nothing is going to stop you from making a non-zelda quest, too. You may need to make them yourself, though.

Knil
04-02-2003, 05:53 PM
thanx, i wasnt sure. ive only been in the business of quest making two weeks....but thats no excuse. thanx fer the input, System.

System Error
04-02-2003, 05:57 PM
That's okay. It is an excuse. Almost all newbies to Zelda Classic are like that in some way. :)

Knil
04-02-2003, 05:59 PM
you dont happen to know where any of those kinds of tiles may be though, do you? i would appreciate it if you would direct me to them if you know

System Error
04-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Well, you could manually rip them from the game, you have to do this if the tile for that particular character doesn't exist. Some can be found in tilesets. Try looking and www.purezc.com for some. One tileset is a Final Fantasy tileset.

Knil
04-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Thank You, System!!! very nice, very nice. now to get started....

System Error
04-02-2003, 06:12 PM
You're welcome. Good luck on your quest, by the way.

thezquestnoobie
04-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Hey i wanted to know how to get a Lunar two tile set on to the ZQuest and keep the res. i played one with Phantsy Star Tiles and the res was litteraly flushed with funky colored pixels. no offense to the QC just wanted to ask that question. And it takes a lot of color o print the damn ZQ tourtials.
:happy:

Octorok101
04-06-2003, 10:33 AM
There can only be 16 colors per tile/sprite in Zquest currenly so I dont think you can jet the lunar 2 tiles with perfect res.

Cronic
04-08-2003, 04:17 PM
http://www.zcnetwork.com/questdb/demo/DarthCronic-AppetiteForAdventure/

As you can see I've fused Metal gear tiles with Zelda, and if you download the demo (requires beta 182 to play) you can see the title screen, and intro screens are not Zelda in any way =)

Also...

http://www.zcnetwork.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29

There's another link for tiles on my ZC site (ZCN) enjoy :)