PDA

View Full Version : whimperin over HD LV 4

Jojo
04-02-2003, 12:42 AM
I'm not so sure it's okay to start a new thread, but trying to weed through the 335 posts on the other is making me dizzy and I wasn't finding a solution to this problem.

I can't seem to kill the Level 4 boss. I have

7 hearts
2 of the magic upgrades
magic shield
Green Lantern
Flute
Wand
Magical Boomerang
Bow & Arrows

I have gone in to kill him and taken a red potion with me and fail every time. Am I missing something? Or is this Quest just beyond my capabilities.

Thank you

DarkFlameWolf
04-02-2003, 01:38 AM
red potion? o.O don't see how you could buy a red potion at this stage in the game, I don't think its technically possible at this point...... As for the boss, there is really nothing I can say but, stand behind him and swing at his heads like a madman and refill health with a potion if need be.

Tudorcat
04-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Dont feel bad Jojo!, I tryed at least 10-15 times for me to kill him. Kepp at it ! :)

Jojo
04-02-2003, 11:40 AM
DFW: I've been buying two blue potions to get the red one. I learned that trick when I was struggling with LV 6 of altadd :laughing: Guess I'll just keep beating at the boss.

Tudorcat: Thanks for the words of encouragement, what I would give for just a lil more life *laughing*

DarkFlameWolf
04-02-2003, 01:31 PM
wow, didn't know that...blarg......wish there was a rule to prevent that from happening.......
anyhoo, regardless if you're getting a red potino or not, you're getting jipped, at 120 rupees for two blue potions to become red, you can buy a red potion for 50 rupees when you finally have access to one.

System Error
04-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Wait 'til you play XTreme. In Tungsten there, the Gleeok has 12 HEADS!!! Okay, anyhow I like to deal with Gleeoks early on by slashing at a head, and then retreating before I get hit by a fireball. Focus on dodging! Don't get all carefree because you got a Red Potion, I always focus on dodging. If you're good, you probably don't need any potions. Just try and evade the fireballs. Be careful!

TheGeepster
04-02-2003, 10:32 PM
I started to get the "bob and weave" method down. Essentially a dance from side to side just below the heads with a sword stroke per dance step. It's a bit difficult to explain, and requires a bit of skill and a lot of patience and attention, but it does work pretty well (at least until you have floating heads)

System Error
04-02-2003, 11:03 PM
Yeah, that's similar to what I do. I go crazy when I get moving heads. It gets insane, the dodging that is.

synbios1978
04-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Seriously, although I don't think I would've made it through level 4 in HDX without red potion against that 12 headed Gleeok. By the way, do you have the white sword yet?? It would greatly help you if you do have it.

KJAZZ
04-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
wow, didn't know that...blarg......wish there was a rule to prevent that from happening.......

Yeah, it happened in the original Zelda, so we'd need a rule..

Maybe I'll play this quest soon, it seems to be popular..;p

DarkFlameWolf
04-03-2003, 03:19 PM
you wanted to play it, but only if I sent it to you, you lazy bum, didn't wanna go out and get it yourself. *pokes Kjazz* :P

KJAZZ
04-04-2003, 01:47 AM
Ohhh yeah, but that was when it was first released, and only on unreliable webspace. I can easily download it right now, though I'm going to wait a bit.

Stop poking me. And it's KJAZZ. All capitals. ;p