PDA

View Full Version : A "new" dragonball game

Aliem
03-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Dragonball Z Ultimate Battle 22 has been re-released. I dont know if this game was ever released in the US. If anyone has played it before, is it worth buying?

Blonde799
03-31-2003, 08:23 PM
I'd called this game what should've been the first DBZ game to be released in the US instead of final bout.

You're basically looking at a 2D(characters) on 3D(backgrounds) fighter. I hope the re-release is enhanced somewhat, as this is an old game. If you're a fan, get it. If not, I suggest you rent it, as it's not very much of an upgrade past FB. It's as good as FB, but without the bad controls and easier flight.

stormwatcheagle
03-31-2003, 09:33 PM
It was never released in America legally, but you can bet people have the ROMs. I bought the game. I don't really like it. It has some neat charachters, like buu, vegetto, and Master Roshi, but it sucks as a fighter. But, I believe it is the perdecessor of Budokai, I can see the resemblance. If you have a PS2, get Budokai, if you have a PSX, get Final Bout. if you're a total DBZ fan, like me, rent it first.

SSJ3500
03-31-2003, 10:16 PM
Strange, I was expecting this to be about Legacy of Goku II which is soon to come. It's supposed to be much better than the first. Also, Ultimate Battle 22 is suppost to be a good game. Not as good as Final Bout but one of the better DBZ Fighting games, I don't know of any more translations soon to come though.

stormwatcheagle
04-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Well it's an average fighter, but out of the 3 fighters out in America at the moment, it's the worst.

Aliem
04-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Oh. I used to have a japaneese version of Final Bout, but it broke. That was a fun game. I really like budoki. Well this (ultimate battle 22) looks like the SNES game Hyper Dimension from what I've seen. I really hope Legacy of Goku 2 will be better; the first one sucked! I mean, after Goku was wished back, he didnt dispose of soem robbers, he went to the battle and fought Vegeta! C'mon!

TheOutkast
04-01-2003, 09:52 PM
i know, i know, im way bhind on DBZ games but i just wanted to say that i just got Legacy of Goku 1 and it is fun but hard and i was wondering if boduki was any good