PDA

View Full Version : NES LOZ bug....

firebug
03-31-2003, 03:52 AM
is there any way to recreate the level 1 bug that occurs in the original zelda? you know.. the one where you walk into the first dungeon and then walk right out, the first locked door is unlocked
when you walk back in, i never noticed, but this bug was deleted in zelda classic (or just never implemented) makes sense to me. it's a bug :shrug: but i was just wondering if theres any possible way to recreate the same effect in zelda classic? remember that the bug only works the first time you enter the dungeon and ONLY if you walk directly out before going anywhere. i don't think it is, but it would be neat to slip it in somewhere :D

Teilyr
03-31-2003, 04:01 AM
What would be the point?

firebug
03-31-2003, 06:13 AM
the same point i use everytime someone asks me why i still play original nintendo games. nostalgia. it was in the first game, why not have it somewhere in my quest? if you think it's a silly idea, good for you, but i was just asking because i have a limited knowledge of zquest and many of the people here know more than me. :shrug:

Verbatim
03-31-2003, 02:04 PM
Well, you could do it by having the player exit to a different (but apparently the same) overworld, and re-enter to a different dungeon (that likewise looks the same to the player), but there are a lot of problems that would come up with that, since you can't share items between two different versions of the level.

If the Item lists idea that SB suggested (and I improved) was added (DN's responce to SB's first post on the subject--"Wow."), you might be able to do that...but it'd be way too much work, even then.

TheGeepster
03-31-2003, 03:04 PM
Nostalgia is overrated. Not a bad thing, but definitely overrated.

firebug
04-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Verbatim
Well, you could do it by having the player exit to a different (but apparently the same) overworld, and re-enter to a different dungeon (that likewise looks the same to the player), but there are a lot of problems that would come up with that, since you can't share items between two different versions of the level.

If the Item lists idea that SB suggested (and I improved) was added (DN's responce to SB's first post on the subject--"Wow."), you might be able to do that...but it'd be way too much work, even then.

yea, i fiddled around with the double dungeons idea for a little bit, but it was looking like it was going to be too much work for such a small thing :shrug: oh well.

Edit: if i make the first couple of rooms/screens in the locked dungeon puzzles and/or enemies=shutters with timed full-screen warps to the unlocked dungeon, and have the items only in the unlocked dungeon... i maybe could pull it off... ima play around with it a little bit and see what i can come up with.

Questwizard88
04-01-2003, 12:09 AM
i never noticed that before. i guess that's because i haven't played the original loz in years.

firebug
04-01-2003, 12:19 AM
ok, this is what i've done.. it's not hard at all actually! i used your idea with the almost identical overworld (only the overworld is very small, so i made it exactly identical with all the warps one-way.) and the double dungeons, verbatim, only the 'locked' version of the dungeon is only three rooms. the second room up (past the locked door) has a deathtrap puzzle in it with a timed warp to the unlocked dungeon... i need to fiddle with the warp a litle bit so you can do at least a little bit of the puzzle before it warps you, but so far, it seems to work all right :D