PDA

View Full Version : the descandant tiles template

Crazy_Link
03-31-2003, 01:16 AM
how do you set the template?

Teilyr
03-31-2003, 01:20 AM
You don't need a template anymore. Just build the room.

plith
03-31-2003, 01:43 AM
I believe the door sets are already set up in the graphics pack. If you just draw in the room yourself, you can still use the doors the same way.

firebug
03-31-2003, 03:14 AM
if you really want a room template, just build an empty room off to the corner of your map (make sure you don't use that room for anything else) and press 'c' to copy and 'v' to paste. easy.
altho im not sure why you would want one.. dungeons with all the same rooms are boring :shrug:

TheGeepster
03-31-2003, 03:07 PM
ZC used to use a template for the dungeon border 2 tiles around the outside. I think that's what Crazy-Link was talking about. It also used certain hardcoded spots to pull doors and other stuff from. However, that has since passed away for a much easier, more flexible system. Did 1.90 use dungeon templates still or did it have the newer set-up?

Octorok101
03-31-2003, 06:48 PM
No, 1.90 still uses the templates

TheGeepster
03-31-2003, 10:48 PM
In that case, it may be a good thing to map out what spots are coded for which doors/misc for people using 1.90 (Why are they using 1.90? I have no idea. 1.92 beta build 182 is the standard today.)

For those who want to do it for themselves, it's not hard, just a bit cryptic. Make a new quest and make a note sheet on where all the doors (Bombed, Shutter, Locked, Open) appear on screen 82 (if I recall right). Most of the rest of the screen should be used for any secret combos, since the secret combos in dungeons also appear from the dungeon template screen.

Please note that the border two tiles in and around will be what the dungeon walls look like without any doors, and that any doors will be added under the appropriate menu action using the hard-coded spots.