PDA

View Full Version : demimore....

firebug
03-30-2003, 01:41 PM
any luck on those classic link slashing tiles? i tried to draw them myself using some lttp tiles and converting (as that's the only kind of tile-drawing im any good at) but they end up looking like complete SHIT! pleasepleaseplease? :D

edit: LOOK BELOW!

Questwizard88
03-30-2003, 02:19 PM
i need them too. i'm making improvements to the classic tileset.

Teilyr
03-30-2003, 05:33 PM
What I'd do if I were you guys is take the ones from 182test.qst, then recolor them in classic style.

I'll give it a shot, but it's something that you might want to try yourself.

firebug
03-30-2003, 07:53 PM
hrm.. i figured 182 looked a lot like newfirst so i wasn't going to try with those, but why not? i'll give it a shot, and if it looks good, i'll post 'em up here. :D sound good QW?

Teilyr
03-30-2003, 07:58 PM
That's because it is newfirst. :tongue:

Nothing saying you can't redo the clothes a little.

firebug
03-30-2003, 09:03 PM
*chuckle* that's what i figured, teilyr.. pokin fun at me ;) well, i did it.. gimme a coupla mins to post em up.. they don't look too bad at all if i say so myself :Dhttp://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.freewebs.com/azure_optics/zelda004.bmp
here they are! i hope you like 'em!

Questwizard88
03-30-2003, 09:11 PM
i'm waitig on them. just now ready to add them in.

Teilyr
03-30-2003, 09:11 PM
And there ya go.

Now, wasn't that easy?

firebug
03-30-2003, 09:15 PM
much easier than trying to convert lttp :p altho i think link looks a lil small.. i tried to fatten him up some so it would be the same as classic.. but no luck.. it just looked like shit.

Demimore
03-31-2003, 03:21 AM
Seems that you don't need mine.... Well... That's no problem.

firebug
03-31-2003, 03:29 AM
thanks anyways, demi! it was easier than i thought it was going to be.. only took like 15 mins :)

Demimore
03-31-2003, 04:02 AM
Yes. That's right. Tile making isn't so hard as it may seem.... You should try to draw new swords too, if you haven't done that already.... ;)

Teilyr
03-31-2003, 04:47 AM
Yes.. You'll need to draw the diagonal posistions for Link's swords now. That's the hard part, in a sense.

On the upside, since you're using the classic set, you'll only have to draw the 1 sword, since I'm pretty sure that all of the swords sprites (not items) in classic look exactly the same.

firebug
03-31-2003, 06:03 AM
nah. i already did all that. i was using the stabbing tiles for slashing tiles, is all. i just needed new slashing tiles :D and yes, you're right teilyr.. about classic using one sword for all of 'em.. but i changed that too.. the last two swords are different now. i also changed the shields and a couple of the items. i like drawing tiles.. im just not very good at it :shrug:

Teilyr
03-31-2003, 06:40 AM
Well, I'm not either. Sometimes, it's just easier to modify than it is to draw. ;)

Demimore
03-31-2003, 07:25 AM
Drawing items is my hobby! Sorta.... I think it's really fun!

And I believe I'm pretty good at it as well. I hate all the item tiles in the Pure tileset. They're boring and WAY overused!

firebug
03-31-2003, 08:10 AM
my problem is the small things.. i don't have trouble drawing tiles for large things.. if you've seen my screenies i drew most of the tower, only ripping the kewl lil designs around the edges. damn pillars took forever tho *chuckle* i agree with you completely demi.. about the pure tile items.. i dunno. i've never really liked the pure tileset very much. not a big fan of the graphics in LttP, although the game was awesome. i liked the original zelda the best.. not too many hints and you actually had to search around to find anything. plus, link looked like an adult to me.. even tho he was short and chubby, he didn't have that lil boy look that the later games gave him.