PDA

View Full Version : i'm startin anew

idontknow
03-29-2003, 10:36 PM
i've just began a new quest; since i am absolutely herendous at making good overworlds, i'm pretty good at making puzzles, challenges, & good dungeons so...i'm making a quest where the whole thing is gonna be either a very large tower, OR 2 or 3 towers...here's some general info about this qust:
-very, very little overworld, if any
-find tons of items in the tower(s)
-a map, compass & boss key on each floor
-certain "Checkpoints"; if you reach one, when you save you will start from that point
-tons of keys
-packed with puzzles & challenges that require logic/thinking
-might be slightly confusing/complex as far as the dmap 'structure'
-features custom bosses
-find 6 or 8 triforce pieces
-start with the ocarina & a blue potion
-some equipment or items might be required of you in order to continue on to the next floor; others will be optional but if you do not find some of them before going to the next floor, then you may luck out; certain places you will not be able to return to
-introduction sequence
-start with only 2 Hearts; must acquire heart container pieces to get more life
-must find a guy that sells "bomb bags" in order to carry bombs
--Whatya think?

System Error
03-29-2003, 10:41 PM
Meh, sounds good. I also suck at overworlds, so there won't be one in my quest either. But there will be large, field-like overworld areas. Can't wait to play it!

Questwizard88
03-29-2003, 11:05 PM
I cant make overworlds either, (but of course i'm aiming for 4 of them.). Can't wait to see it. I like confusing puzzles.

System Error
03-30-2003, 01:54 AM
Heh, I'm going to have a HUGE world. You won't just have access to a single part of the land, you'll have access to the entire world in my quest...well, not all of it exactly... >_> <_< Good luck, by the way!

idontknow
03-30-2003, 11:47 AM
thanks...i also just got a new idea...i'm having "star doors"...basically they are shutters with a star on them and when you collect a certain item, the door will open...clues as to how i'm doing this; think kill all enemies item, boss flag, secrets, & combo cycling