PDA

View Full Version : Calling out Darth Cronic! and everyone else :D

Verman
03-29-2003, 10:25 PM
No this isnt a flame....

I got the impression from reading Darth Cronics Im afriad of americans thread that he has good taste in music cause that song kicks ass :P

Anyhow I need some names of bands for music that I can download.

No im not looking for any shitty s-club7...

Need Nu-Metal and of course death metal...

Already good bands:

Static X
Manson
Testament
Slipknot
Mudvayne
Tool
KoRn
Disturbed
Drowning pool
Trust Company

Just to name a couple....So if any of you know of some let me know ;) oh yes...The more obscure they are the better... Nothing like listening to music from a never heard of band....cause the songs never played out ;)

thanks eh!

blew_flame
03-29-2003, 11:17 PM
there are tons, here are my favs.

36 crazyfists
el nino
Boy Hits Car
muderdolls
Stonesour
(combine last two and have slipknot!)
deftones (my fav) <from where I live
Five Pointe O
(pretty much anything from roadrunnerrecords.com)
Rage Against the Machine (ofcourse)
Sevendust <is very awesome
Hed (p.e)
Soil
Staind (best nu-metal band ever)
Nonpoint
Union Underground
Flaw (another Fav. of mine)

oh i think thats enough to keep you bust... not enough Death metal: I hate it but here are some:

OTEP
Meshuggah
cradle of filth
mushroom head
Death
SuperJoint Ritual (pantera's phil anselmo)
Opeth
Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society

um there ya go... tell me which ones you like...
but never forget classics like, metallica, megadeth, IN Flames, Pantera and others

hope i helped...

The Savior
03-30-2003, 12:16 AM
Faith No More. They kick sooooooo much ass it's not even funny.

Ich
03-30-2003, 12:34 AM
If you get nothing else, get CKY (Camp Kill Yourself) - 96 Quite Bitter Beings.

Rammstein: Get Du Hast first, then anything else.
Drowning Pool - Bodies
System of a Down - Shimmy, Toxicity
Disturbed - Down with the Sickness, Stupify
Linkin Park: the CD Meteora isn't as good as Hybrid Theory

For classics, get AC DC and Ozzy if you don't already have them.

mikeron
03-30-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by The Savior
Faith No More. They kick sooooooo much ass it's not even funny. Indeed. Heh, you just officially made this a DC thread. :tongue:

Ich
03-30-2003, 01:03 AM
He made a thread, long long ago, seeking to translate one of their songs which is in Portugese that has been corrupted. I think it was Caralaho Voador or something, translated to "Flying Dick."

Verman
03-30-2003, 02:18 AM
ICHguy....I have all those songs ;)

I cant frickin stand AC/DC to tell you the truth. I hate that fuckers squeeling voice... ;)

Thats tho blew_flame thats a good list ;) Messagah is awsome actully...as is sevendust and deftones :P

Ich
03-30-2003, 02:26 AM
How much Rammstein do you have? I've got all four albums and some more songs, totaling 60 MP3's which I have ripped onto my comp, and almost all of their music videos (Du Hast, Links 2 3 4, and Ich Will are my favorites) ;). Megaherz is kind of similar to Rammstein (I think Till did vocals on one of their songs), but with a bit more of a techno feel.

If you're into German gothmetal, get And One - Panzermensch, or if just gothmetal, Covenant - Tears in Rain. Although there's a point where obscure means impossible to find for download. It took forever to find a copy of Covenant, because my asshole friend wouldn't lend me his CD to copy...

Also, Def Leppard - Pour some Sugar on me

Do you like punk or techno?

Matteo
03-30-2003, 02:49 AM
try this band:

The Underwater

its my friends band.. there really good

Best Bands in the World:
Pete Yorn
Radiohead
Coldplay
Sigur Ros
the Verve
Nick Drake
Pedro the Lion
Jeff buckley
Rufus Wainwright

stormwatcheagle
03-30-2003, 03:05 AM
You wouldn't like my kind of music. I'm not into that heavy rock shit. Linkin Park, a little System of a Down, even less Limp Bizkit. That's about all I can stand.

Brasel
03-30-2003, 03:33 AM
I'd get into my favorite bands, but I know that they aren't obscure, so I'll say this:

Dream Theater.

blew_flame
03-30-2003, 04:10 AM
really, i like all kinds of music so if i had to list all my favs it would take forever...

Cronic
03-31-2003, 02:39 PM
FAITH NO FUCKING MORE!

ROCK ;)

Try also...

Neuro box
Dog Fashion Disco
Mr. Bungle (of course)
Fantomas (if you like death metal patton)

I know of a lot of hardcore shit, but it's all blending together right now :shrug:

Teilyr
04-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Project 86 is one of my favorites..
Taproot
Socialburn
Erase The Grey

These might not be nu-metal, or whatever.. I don't like music with words that aren't understandable. Check those guys out though... They pulled me off of the techno bandwagon.

MottZilla
04-01-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
If you're into German gothmetal, get And One - Panzermensch, or if just gothmetal, Covenant - Tears in Rain. Although there's a point where obscure means impossible to find for download. It took forever to find a copy of Covenant, because my asshole friend wouldn't lend me his CD to copy...

I went and dled Tears in Rain when I saw the words german and metal together. :O I like. Have any other suggestions? I would have never imagined me clicking on a music thread and reading it but at whatever time it is now I'm tired but not sleeping and want new music and stuff. weeeee

Axel
04-01-2003, 08:35 AM
I have a feeling these won't be appreciated, but what the hell:

Queen
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull
Off Kilter
Dio