PDA

View Full Version : Sfx.dat's are buggy, I think..

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 04:37 PM
After some fiddling around, and help from Nick, I've discovered that some of the sounds are wrong.

For example, getting a rupee will play both the string sound, and the rupee sound.

I'm sure there's others, but I can only find that one right now... Any idea what causes this?

firebug
03-29-2003, 04:39 PM
i've noticed that secret sound sfx are activated two or three times sometimes when i pick up items. i'm not sure why, but it only happens occasionally so... :shrug:

Questwizard88
03-29-2003, 05:15 PM
The heart beep repeats constantly on me. It tries to play over and over again.

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Even if you turn cont. heart beep off in the options?

Questwizard88
03-29-2003, 05:30 PM
I do sometimes. It seems to go back to normal when i leave the screen, though.

Tom
03-29-2003, 05:59 PM
I know what you mean that happens to me also instead of going beep beep beep it goes bipbipbipbipbipbipbipbipbip

Questwizard88
03-29-2003, 06:32 PM
that's exactly how mine goes. It only does it with my custom sounds though. Default sounds work fine.

laughing1989
03-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Just use the grabber and fix it. Well..that might not be the problem..heck, what do I know.

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 07:59 PM
That doesn't work. I've already tried.

Please don't post suggestions if you don't know. :)

jw12454
03-29-2003, 11:35 PM
do you know that winmx.com has some zelda songs on it for free

Questwizard88
03-30-2003, 12:12 AM
that really won't help. We have lots and lots of music and sfx, but there are some bugs with how they are played in ZC.

Teilyr
03-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by jw12454
do you know that winmx.com has some zelda songs on it for free I'm not talking about music, jw.

Don't reply if you don't know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Tom
03-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Teilyr dont reply if your gonna talk about other peoples mistakes unless your a moderator

Teilyr
03-30-2003, 05:39 PM
My suggestion to her was to not reply unless she knew what she was talking about. Talking about things that you don't know about by rambling on without punctuation makes people look stupid. Am I mistaken in this? I doubt it.

Furthermore, I can point out as many mistakes as I want to. Forcing people to follow my advice would be moderational privilege. I know my boundaries. Learn yours.

kthx.

Now, can we please get back on topic? This is a rather pressing matter.

MottZilla
04-01-2003, 05:15 AM
Only DN or FCF would be able to tell you if it's a code problem. I still don't see the point in the whole sfx.dat thing. Were the original sounds not good enough for you?!

xorxif
04-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Well I have a guess as to the reasoning why the original sounds repeat at odd times... the sampling rate that the original sfx were recorded at...? :poke:

See, the problem you speak of, I didn't notice for a while because I was frantically searching for a LttP sfx.dat to use to play with the beta182test.qst:nerd:

when I found it I played thru without noticing any sound repeats...:eyebrow:

when I changed my sfx.dat back to the originals to play the original second quest, the phenomenon began to happen to me, often... wrong sounds playing a couple of seconds after they had first played, like the rupee sound or the secret sound. Does that info help anybody?

Blonde799
04-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Only DN or FCF would be able to tell you if it's a code problem. I still don't see the point in the whole sfx.dat thing. Were the original sounds not good enough for you?!
I'd like some different sounds in my quest once in a while. With all these advances, I'm sure classic sounds dull out the super-fiery-hell-blast-magic-of-doom! attack.:laughing:

BH4, if you don't clean out your PM box....... :darkmage:

Verbatim
04-02-2003, 01:01 PM
And don't forget, the idea behind separating out sfx.dat was to be a step towards making it possible for quest designers to use custom sound effects for their quests...it's still a couple versions away, I expect, but it'll be great when that day comes.

I wonder if the duration of the sounds might have anything to do with the problem...for example, if ZC is trying to loop the low-life beep at the right speed for the orignal, and you substitute a longer sound, it might loop too fast for it...

Teilyr
04-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Well, the looping sounds are their own problem, I suppose. Personally, I've never had a problem with anything, aside from 2 sounds at 1 time, which was what I started this topic about in the first place.