PDA

View Full Version : Mac

Myko
03-29-2003, 04:30 PM
Just wanted to know if this is compatible with mac.
Thanks

laughing1989
03-29-2003, 04:37 PM
No, it isn't. Not yet, at least. I don't think it is...

firebug
03-29-2003, 04:41 PM
shouldn't there be a way to get the DOS version to run thru it? i don't have a mac (i detest the things, they look like toys to me) but i thought that the mac OS could run DOS programs. i could be fully wrong tho :shrug:

System Error
03-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Yes, get a DOS emulator and once in, load Zelda Classic. It'll be horribly slow though.

Saro
03-30-2003, 10:28 AM
Macs still exist?! :eek:

firebug
03-30-2003, 01:04 PM
haven't you seen the ungodly amount of commercials for that little piece of candy, the Imac? jesus christ, the new version looks even worse than the original *goes and pukes in a corner* these things are useless. im sorry, but if you can't figure out how to run a PC, then you've got some issues. you can't upgrade macs without some serious work, the OS looks like a complete ripoff from windows (no wonder since steve jobbs (sp.?) and bill gates used to work together) and theres only one goddamn button on the mouse!!! seriously now. hrm.. maybe windows stole the OS from mac... any of you know which came out first? the windows OS or the apple OS?

Myko
04-03-2003, 08:13 PM
for those of you who are under the misconception that macs suck, you are all wrong. they are by far the best things out there. i can do things on my mac that my pc could never do without buying tons of expensive software. all the cool software comes with the mac. like, video editing and dvd burning. so all you linux and pc people out there, i highly suggest taking a sledge to whatever you have now and buy a good computer

firebug
04-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Myko
i can do things on my mac that my pc could never do without buying tons of expensive software.
i get the majority of my software for free.. you just have to be willing to spend a little time looking around.

all the cool software comes with the mac. like, video editing and dvd burning.
i have a video editor.. i got it for FREE. and a DVD burner? what would be the point? half of the DVD players that play burned DVDs only play DVD-R, and the other half only play DVD+R, very few will play both (i'll just wait to see which format comes out on top, thank you).. and besides.. im happy with my CD burning software that lets me burn movies into VCD format so i can watch them on my DVD player. :shrug:

so all you linux and pc people out there, i highly suggest taking a sledge to whatever you have now and buy a good computer
my computer is good, and i can upgrade it any time i like without having to buy a new computer! if i decide to change my OS to something more reliable or useful, i can do that. i find macs extremely limited in what you can do with them. of COURSE they come with all the new features! within a month, all those features will be outdated and they'll be trying to get you to buy a NEW mac, so you can get all the NEW features. :p

PCs RAWK!!

Dark Entity
04-03-2003, 11:32 PM
As a matter of fact, macs DID have the first window based operating system, back when Microsoft was back in the dark ages of DOS. Windows 3.1 made it's debut on the PC a while later, but it still was just a shell, while it was running on DOS behind the scenes. Then, Windows 95 was released and it was quite apparent that the concept was ripped off of Mac OS, even though they tried to hide it by moving the icons to the left side of the screen, putting the menu bar on the bottom of the screen, and changing the "Trash Can" into the "Recycle Bin".

Also the new Mac G5 systems are extremely powerful and can do as much, if not more than a PC. Also, many of the widely used plug-ins and utilities (QuickTime, Macromedia) originated on the Mac.

As I type this, I am using a PC running on Windows XP, but I am still a strong supporter of the Macintosh computer.

Qun Mang
04-04-2003, 01:58 AM
Yes, Microsoft rips off ideas from other companies. What big companies don't? Apple stole the GUI from Xerox before MS stole it from Apple though.

Trivia: Who stole the Mac's GUI a year after the first Mac and changed all the component names (i.e. "buttons" became "gadgets") to try and hide it?