PDA

View Full Version : triforce warp....

firebug
03-29-2003, 03:12 PM
ok, how do take the warp effects out? link doesn't go anywhere when he picks up the triforce, but the screen does that shutter-closing type of warp dealie anyways. i've fiddled with it for a couple of days now, and nothing i do seems to fix anything :(

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 03:22 PM
http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/chapter3/page8.html#Step%2027

firebug
03-29-2003, 05:06 PM
teilyr-- this doesnt tell me how to take the warp effects out, it tells me how to make link warp to another place. i know how to do that, ive set it up so that NO warp occurs, and that's what i want. i just can't make the warp effects disappear :shrug: the only thing that makes this room any different from any other room is the triforce as a special item.

edit: just re-read my first post, and realized what you thought i meant. *looks sheepish* sorry for not clarifying what i meant.

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Oh. My bad.. Misread your question.

You can't take that stuff out. The close screen thingy is coded in.

firebug
03-29-2003, 05:32 PM
damn. why?why?why? it doesn't make sense! sure, in most zelda games, after beating a dungeon, you get warped to the beginning of the dungeon, but i can't see why this hasn't been changed yet! you can use ZC to build games that are NOTHING like any 'official' zelda game. *sigh* oh well.. i'll just have to deal with it.

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 05:34 PM
When in doubt, work around. ;)

What're you trying to accomplish? Perhaps I could give you some mid-veteran insight.

idontknow
03-29-2003, 05:40 PM
wait...the triforce is placed as a special item?..why not try just placing it as a regular item?

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Same difference. There's a sequence that's coded in with the triforce that can't be avoided.

firebug
03-29-2003, 05:47 PM
i'm almost positive i placed it as a regular item with the same results, but ill try again idk
teilyr: i put it as a suggestion in ZC sugg., explaining what i want it for. it would be the shit if you could help me out! :D

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 06:03 PM
You need to cater to my laziness. Explain what you wanna do.

firebug
03-29-2003, 06:09 PM
LOL! ok, this is what i want: my first dungeon(s) is an eight-floored tower, with warps to each successive floor in the room beyond the triforce room. basically, each floor is a different level, but it's really one large dungeon in which you collect one piece of triforce per floor. i want link to pick up the triforce and go dadadadaaaaaa! with the flashing and everything, but then just stay exactly where he is with NO screen warpie thingie that does no good. :D i hope this is clear enough....

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Work around. Set your exit warps for exactly where you are. You get the triforce in M7 S34, you set your warps for that screen also.

Do the best with whatcha got, ya know.

firebug
03-29-2003, 06:29 PM
*nods* that's pretty much what I've done. oh well, like i said, guess i'll just have to deal with it :shrug:

idontknow
03-29-2003, 08:05 PM
wait..to take the warp out..just set the side & tile warps both to 'no warp'...does that not work or something?..it seems like it should

firebug
03-29-2003, 08:09 PM
nope. done that. no warp occurs, but the screen still pretends to warp :(