PDA

View Full Version : About bush/grass/flower clippings..

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Is it possible to make the clippings change color with the cset of whatever is being slashed?

For example, I have grey bushes in this one part. However, when I slash them, the clippings are the default green. The clippings are colored in a way so that they should change with the csets… However, they do not.

Am I doing something wrong?

Questwizard88
03-29-2003, 05:08 PM
what cset are you using??? 2, 3, or 4 should work fine. Is it on a seperate dmap?? if not, then you can't change it without using a seperate dmap. Clippings don't seem to use the cset of the combo they are made from.

Cloral
03-29-2003, 08:12 PM
Yeah. It's slightly annoying in that if you have a bush combo and make both living and dead versions of it using 2 csets of the same pallete, you can still only have one color of clippings. If you want to have a dead bush, you'd have to make a second combo and designate it as the flower combo. However, this does defeat the advantage of having multiple csets.

Teilyr
03-29-2003, 08:18 PM
I wonder if it's possible for DN to rescript the clippings so that they change csets.

It'd be helpful.

Questwizard88
03-29-2003, 08:47 PM
It should be possible. I don't like slashing an orange bush and getting clippings from a green one.

Demimore
04-07-2003, 04:51 AM
Do like I did. Let the orange bush be "flowers" instead. Then, orange and green leaves will fly around.

But make sure you let the "flower clippings" be orange and green tiles. It works out very well.... You should try it.

Teilyr
04-07-2003, 08:45 AM
I already use the flower combo for.. flowers.

ShadowTiger
04-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Why not just make an animated combo (as a layer, maybe. :shrug: ) as a bunch of leaves flying away? It could go with the cset, AND it would look different from the standard bush/flower leaves anyway. It takes 2 more combos, but it's well worth it. :)

Teilyr
04-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Because it doesn't bother me that much. Besides, It might just be easier for one of the developers to make clippings change with the cset of the what's being slashed.

idontknow
04-07-2003, 05:05 PM
i agree teilyr..plus, in order to do that, you'd have to either have a one-time animation (which we can't do right now), or have the combo cycling to a transparent combo (but combo cycling does not work on layers) & plus, we would have to have some way of making the combo appear on the layer but bushes are not trigger...

Teilyr
04-10-2003, 03:16 AM
Yep.. Alot of extra stuff that could be avoided if either FCF or DN considered the possibility of what I'm suggesting.