PDA

View Full Version : Double Trouble is now an Example Quest

gdorf
03-29-2003, 02:28 AM
Thats right, For everyone who played Double Trouble and enjoyed it (or even those who didn't get it the first time around) here it is again. Without the password!
http://home.attbi.com/~ravix475/Gdorf-_Double_Trouble_Example.zip

When you download it, it will be zipped up in an archive containing two files, a readme and the quest file itself. Since I know most of you won't read the readme anyway, I'll post it here.

Hi, thanks for downloading my double trouble example. This quest was created with 1.90, so it doesn't have many of the new features of the new betas. But I was still able to do some pretty neat things with what I had at my disposal. As one pleased member put it:

"This is a very creative quest. Level 1 is challenging because you have
to *think* to get through it, which is much better than the dungeons
that are challenging because you've put in an ungodly number of tough
enemies.Really great use of all the features and tricks in ZQuest. Bravo"

When I released this quest I had no intention of ever giving out the password. I thought people would cheat there way through it and not get the full enjoyment out of it. Now, after I'm sure everyone has gotten there fun out of it, I'm going to release the password, with the hope that it will help a zc newbie or two on their way to creating their own great quest.

The level 4 cheat code for this quest is the ever-original "zelda". And, if you'd like to change that cheat the zquest password is "2double2". I'd definately reccommend checking out all the buildings in monoss(there is an enterance to monoss near the bottom of the overworld). Thats where I put many of the effects.

Anway, I spent alot of time on this quest, so enjoy it!

carrot red
03-29-2003, 02:44 AM
I played 2Trouble way back, gdorf, and I remember enjoying it a lot. Is it still in the 1.90 version or did you modify it?

gdorf
03-29-2003, 01:16 PM
I opened it up and had to change a dmap setting to make it work in the new betas, so I guess you could say it is no longer in 1.90, but all the features are created with 1.90 because I didn't add anything.