PDA

View Full Version : A PS2 predicament

Grasshopper
03-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Well, I only own a Gamecube as of now, and frankly, I don't really need any other systems. Gamecube, for what it does, satisfies me. After all, I don't have much room for anything else, and not enough time to play with a console and my GBA, when I spend most of my time on my computer, either doing homework, surfing the net, or playing games. But the other day at work, it was empty and nothing to do, so me an the guy I worked with played the game demos for at least an hour, so I finally got to check out Amplitude. :drool: But anyways, another guy I work with offered to sell me his PS2, a memory card, and his 4 games for $150. He has Dark Cloud 2, Twisted Metal Black, Rachet and Clank, and Sly Cooper. All that for $150, not bad, eh? And quite tempting. So now I'm all psyched because I really want to pick up Amplitude, cause I just think its fun. ( Alex will like that ;) ) And I always loved Silent Hill 1/2, so I could get SH 3 in August. But like I said, I really don't need anything else. You know how that saying goes, "You're old enough for your wants not the hurt you" :rolleyes: Whats everyones' opinion?

Cronic
03-28-2003, 05:58 PM
My opinion is to get it, but bvefore you do inspect it for qaulity... If you need tips on what to look for I can tell you anything you need to know.

VashdeStampedo!
03-28-2003, 05:58 PM
I'd go for it. I waste all my time here or reading books, and am not interested in consoles in any way anymore, but for that price, I'd make an interest.

Grasshopper
03-28-2003, 06:18 PM
Yep, thats one thing I was wondering about. Is it messed up or something, but I know the guy and I don't think it'd be messed up or in bad condition. But I'm seriously thinking about it.

Daarkseid
03-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Sounds like a great deal to me, although as a result of constant playing with my PS2(as much as 12 hours at a time), the machine won't load CDs unless its held in the vertical position, and DVD games take longer to load in the horizontal position. Also granted, its the original SCPH-30001 model. There have been a few revisions of the PS2 released in the past 2 years, although if you're getting yours used, its very likely an SCPH-30001.

Cronic
03-28-2003, 07:20 PM
You can tell the model easily by looking at the front...

The part with the tray, and the controller ports sould have a vent directly underneath it, and another vent on the panel below... if that makes any sense :shrug:

AlexMax
03-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Make sure it plays shit before you get it.

If not, take it by best buy and have that shit cleaned. My friend did it, it plays stuff now. (Not perfect, but it's much better than before)

Grasshopper
03-29-2003, 10:44 AM
In the Wind Waker: awesome topic...

Originally posted by AlexMax
Wind Waker has not been the reason I'VE been MIA. Amplitude has more to do with that but since NONE OF YOU GIVE A FLYING FUCK about the game, I'll simply keep it to myself. :thumbsup: Hehe, thats the whole reason I've considered buying this. Normally, I wouldn't by a system for one game... I'll have to ask him today, just have to see if his offer is still up.

MottZilla
03-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Be sure to inspect how well it runs before buying it.

System Error
03-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Yeah. I heard some could be busted because players play them for too long. Demand that you can try before you by, and you're set.

AlexMax
03-30-2003, 09:32 PM
And apparently, people still don't give a fuck, reguardless of how much it is praised.

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70546

And Gamespot gave it an 8.8. Pretty nice for a site that gave DDR Konamix a fucking 6.9.

MottZilla
03-31-2003, 06:00 AM
Nope... still doesn't care. *shrugs* DDR Konamix was fun though.

TheOutkast
04-01-2003, 10:16 PM
ive had my ps2 since the first week it came out and i play it like crazy but i never have had any problems with it.. but just to be safe i say u do as everyone else has said..check it first

Kirbypuff
04-02-2003, 08:46 PM
Okay everyone, I think he knows to check if it works.

Grasshopper
04-07-2003, 11:10 PM
I met the guy today and I bought his PS2 finally. I had to buy a RF adaptor though cause my dinky 13" TV doesn't have AV input, but I checked like everyone said. It plays DVDs and I can PS1 games too, so I guess everything works. And like I thought, it looks almost new. Now if I can just scrounge up $50 more so I can get me Amplitude.

Yes Darth Cronic, there vents under the overhang, and vents beside the USB ports. So what model is that? :shrug:

Daarkseid
04-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Grasshopper

Yes Darth Cronic, there vents under the overhang, and vents beside the USB ports. So what model is that? :shrug:

There should be a model stick in the back of the unit that says what model it is. And all Sony playstation products start with SCPH-, then the model number. The first playstations had the model number 1001. The first PS2s have the model number 30001. I think the latest model of the PS2 is the 33001.