PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Theatre Time!

Foxy
03-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Let's have a little mystery competition. I'm going to provide you with a few short stories, and it's your job to guess what happened. The first person to guess the complete answer correctly wins, and then I'll post a new mystery to be solved. So put on your thinking caps, everyone, and let's have some fun! :D

Here's the first one:

You are a detective. Early this morning you recieved a call that there was a suicide at a local school. The call came in around 8:00 am. School let in at 7:30 am. Upon your arrival, the bathroom is blocked off from all students. You enter it and begin examining the crime scene. A young girl is laying on the ground, facing up. In her left hand she is holding her book bag strap. A small pistol is laying next to her on her right side.

The stalls have been recently painted, and there is some paint on the girls right shoulder, assumingly she fell down and hit it with her shoulder upon death. There is also some paint on the stall handle, as well on her book bag strap, and also on her fingers. There are several lude remarks about the girls mother in the stall; you know this because you were informed of the girls name, and were informed of her mothers name.

There is one spent pistol casing on the floor; you cannot tell if it is an exact match to the pistol, however the caliber of the round matches the pistol. There is a large amount of powder residue on the girls face, surrounding the gun shot wound. The entry wound is in the right temple.

You instantly begin to question if this was a suicide - you have suspicions that this was infact a murder. Why?

carrot red
03-28-2003, 02:58 PM
She's left-handed.

Foxy
03-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Very good, carrot red!!! Congrats! :D

Now for one a bit more difficult -

You are a member of port security for a docking area that draws in mainly houseboats. Late at night, you recieve a call, a person claiming their boat was rammed by another boat. Upon arriving at the far end of the docks, you see the boat in question pulling in with weights over one side, keeping it afloat. On the side of the boat that is elevated by the weights is a long gash that has pierced through the hull

The man pulls into port, and ties off. He is a haggered old looking man and he is rather pissed off. He is hollering about how a green boat hit him out by the fork and then sailed off. You check your manifest and indeed there is a person who is renting a spot on the docks who is using a green boat. The sailor gives a good description of the boat and the man piloting it. This is the man's full story.

"I was in the navy for 20 years, and I swear that in all my years of sailing this is by far the most irresponsible thing a person can do while on a ship. I was on my ship, minding my own business.

All of the sudden I hear this loud crash and my ship is shaken all to hell like its in a squall. I jump off of the toilet and run out of the bathroom. After running through the kitchen I reached the port door and exited. I saw this guy with the front of his ship plowed right into my house boat. I swear I have never seen anything like it. The man saw me and he put his ship in reverse and hauled ass down river.

I need to call the port authority, fill out a report, inform my insurance company, and call for a emergency repair job. I am going to be in dry dock all day tomorrow and my night is shot! I swear this is horrible."

You go over towards the boat, its hull is made of wood, the gash in the side is about 4 feet long and is about 2 and a half feet wide. It would be at about water level were the weights not cast over the other side of the boat. You do not find any paint chippings or fragments of a foreign material in the gash. Upon entering the hull you see the boat has taken on a fair amount of water. Sifting through it you examine the inside of the gash, it is torn slightly upwards, with the tearing moving heavily from bow to stern. Inside the hull you see some rock shards and small stones floating about inside the water.

Upon exiting the boat you approach the man and tell him. "You had better fess up before I have you arrested for filing a false report. Now what is the real story?"

How did you know the sailor was lying?

Gerudo
03-28-2003, 03:35 PM
i would have to guess that if a boat hit him, there is no eveidence of foreign debris, plus the the rock and stone shards would lead me to beleive he must have bottomed out...

Foxy
03-28-2003, 03:39 PM
nope :tongue:

cap2030
03-28-2003, 03:52 PM
he claimed to be in navy for 20 years but he didnt use any nautical terms when he epxlained his story.

it was probably his first time or something and he hit a rock.

Foxy
03-28-2003, 04:00 PM
cap2030 won that! Good job! :D

carrot red
03-28-2003, 08:30 PM
I missed the second, so where is the third?:)

TheGeepster
03-29-2003, 05:05 PM
I never was good at these type of puzzles. Maybe I do well with the next one.