PDA

View Full Version : d00ds

laughing1989
03-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Ok, being in my current position of stupidity, frustration, anger, sadness, and slyness, I have come up with an idea.
No, they don't have to be branded or anything, but they must have access to editing a few threads. That way, moderators could keep their eye on people breaking the rules instead of keeping everything up-to-date which isn't, at least I don't think, their job. Plus, DN would have to spend less time on the forums and more time making $, programming, or chillin' with his homies. Get it? Mostly its for making DN have to work a little less. Instead of having 250 pounds on his back, he would have around 150. So, here are my actual ideas:
#1. Suggestion Reviewers: A certain chosen few who scan the suggestions(so DN doesn't have to) and finds useful, possible ideas, sending them via e-mail, chatroom, or any other means to DN. The reviewers will be taught what is "possible", "hard to do", "impossible", or "shutup you newb". 3-10 people.
#2. Future Plans Editors: A certain chosen couple of people who check DN's future plans list, check what he has on his list, then edits the future plans list whenever something changes. 1-2 people.
#3. Ongoing Beta Reports Editors: Same as future plans editors, except they keep the beta reports up-to-date. I have not seen many updates in a while to it. It might be that DN hasn't released the next private beta, but I'm just saying. 1-2 people.
#4. Official Tutorial Writers: Self-explanatory. No, I don't mean regular members can't make their own tutorials. I mean regular members send their tutorials, and these guys post them, along with credits. I'm thinking IDK or someone who is actually working on tutorials right now, but anyone willing to work in this position should be able to do so. Maybe 1-4 people.
Cyclone's frozen post about how to set quest directory should be quoted into a tutorial and that post should be deleted and replaced by a frozen post of the tutorial listings.
Second, there should be a person that edits the commandline things. I'm thinking FCF could do that himself.
Anyways, the main point is Cyclone's post. If you look, you see that there are a whole bunch of frozen posts up there. One or two aren't needed.
A frozen post, called "Public Betas", should be at the top, holding all the new public betas. Another one, called "Mapmakers", should include the same thing, except with the mapmakers. I feel like my mom saying these things....
DN, how about it? I would like to see this type of people. Less work for you is all good, isn't it? :laughing: