PDA

View Full Version : when does Zquesting stop being a hobby?

firebug
03-27-2003, 10:00 PM
when does Zquesting stop being a hobby, and start being an obsession? im just curious what you guys think, because i find myself thinking more and more about my project and what to do next than... well.... anything! i think maybe i should take a break from Zquesting and pay a little more attention to real life.. i.e. the girlfriend that hates this machine more than anything else in the world lol.

Questwizard88
03-27-2003, 10:07 PM
I'd say when i spend 8 to 9 hours a day in zquest, then i get obsessed with it. especialy drawing tiles and sprites.

DarkWarrior
03-27-2003, 10:19 PM
When I spend so much time on Zquest I just get obsessed of it and do something else for awhile. I don't normaly go back to Zquesting for months.

Jigglysaint
03-28-2003, 12:23 AM
Don't ask this question to DN's wife!

firebug
03-28-2003, 12:45 AM
:laughing:
will do, jiggly ;)

JayeM
03-28-2003, 04:12 AM
ZQuest is like the perfect all-around creative outlet...drawing, writing, music, etc., with a built-in audience. It's only flaw is that you don't get paid for it. :(

ShadowTiger
03-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Aye. :shakeno: Too true.

I love ZQuest, not because you can build quests, but because they have an excellent set of tools for drawing. :) I love drawing! :drool:

And I voted for #4. It has definitely happened before.

Dr. Mutagen
03-28-2003, 12:07 PM
I used ZQuest like crazy up until school started. Now it seems that I hardly have the time to work on my quest. :(

Petoe
03-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Mutagen
I used ZQuest like crazy up until school started. Now it seems that I hardly have the time to work on my quest. :(

Same here. Last summer I started to build my quest like a maniac, but then the damn school started. I wish I had more time, but even if I had much time, I have to wonder how someone can work with ZC 9 hours a day! :odd:
But I have to admit that my ZC obsession went too far, because eg in my maths lessons I only planned levels to my quest, and sometimes I slept only 4 hours before going to school because of ZC... Now I'm taking a "huge" break (one week:eyebrow: )

idontknow
03-28-2003, 06:05 PM
wholly crap, DN has a wife?! i dont think i'm too obsessed..i'm on a lot but i wouldn't say 8 or 9 hrs day!

Blonde799
03-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by idontknow
wholly crap, DN has a wife?!
To tell you the truth, I think that's the reason why we can't create a LttP clone.:laughing:

System Error
03-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Yeah...BECAUSE ZELDA CLASSIC IS DN'S WIFE! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But if Phantom Menace was DN's father, then that means DN's Wife is his Mother or he is in a homosexual relationship with his brother. :laughing:

Saro
03-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Darn... I thought the topic was about 'when does ZQuesting stop becoming a hobby and you don't use it anymore?' because I can't force myself to work on any quests lately...

System, that made absolutely no sense. :D

Knil
04-14-2003, 05:02 PM
It stops being a hobby when you first unzip it and fire up the program for the first time, realize how easy it is, and bow to the PC monitor <----------guilty