PDA

View Full Version : All-purpose flag?

King
03-27-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey all, I'm new here. I have this cool idea for a trap, but the problem is that it involves teleporting Link, and you can only have one of those tiles at a time. I wish to have more than one warp tile out at once(they all take Link to the same location). Can I use the all-purpose flag to do this? Just how do you use the all-purpose flag, anyway? Thanks for the help in advance!

idontknow
03-27-2003, 09:15 PM
hmm..not sure exactly what your trying to do...but if ya want link to warp from one screen to the next, use either the 'stairs' or 'pit' combos, then set the tile warp..stepping on any of these kinds of combos will make Link warp if the tile warp is set...the difference is that when warping via the pit combo, Link will warp to the tile-warp screen but disregard the "blue" warp flag and will simply warp to the same spot that he warped from...its hard to explain...maybe somebody else can explain it better...as far as the "All Purpose Flag" goes, it doesn't really do anything of great significance..if you use the lens of truth in the game, then these flags will show up as white spaces, like clues to secrets or something...in order to make secrets, use the secret weapon flags & set their secret combos & also use flag #s 16-31...i suggest heading over to Alphadawg's basic zquest tutorial

Blonde799
03-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Basically, the all purpose flag was changed to the lens marker flag in later betas, as that was all it did.

I don't see any way to have multiple tile warps, except for the multi stair warp rooms, but I have trouble making those work(and reading the tutorial didn't help at all).:shrug: Multiple side warps however, is a different story. You can have one extra side warp.:)

King
03-27-2003, 09:39 PM
My trap works like this:

When Link steps on a warp tile, he'll be teleported back to the designated blue tile. The warp tiles are designed to block Link's progress to the next screen. By using the warp tiles in a maze of trees with narrow paths, for instance, you can make the player guess which paths are clear (i.e. free of warp tiles).

King
03-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Ok, I found a way to do what I wanted to do. I just took one of the extra tiles, and gave it a combo type (in this case, stair). The tile itself isn't a stair tile! That's both good and bad, since you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a normal tile and a trap tile, but then all I would have to do is make some small edits, so the player can discern what tile is a trap, and what isn't.

Cloral
03-28-2003, 01:51 AM
Well, its good that you figured it out. Just so you know for the future though, don't post twice in a row. Instead, use the edit button at the bottom of the post if you have more to add later.

And yes, the 'All Purpose' flag had no purpose except for when using the lens it was discovered. Which is why the name was changed. I think it was going to be used originally for 'door repair' rooms that actually got repaired when you paid the money, so you had to remember where they were so you didn't happen to hit them again - something like that. But whatever it was, it didn't work right, and so it was taken out. But since the lens used to display all flags, it was discovered that you could use this otherwise useless flag to mark spots for when the player uses the lens.