PDA

View Full Version : The elusive magic cure?...

AlmostAngel
03-27-2003, 02:10 PM
The oh-so-dreaded sleep-ticklies. *scream*

I find myself once again with my legs/feet asleep. It's my own darn fault I sat on them in the first place. :banghead:

Now I'm hesitant to move. Enevitably soon after I'll be plauged with that firey tickly feeling as the blood starts circulating again. It seems to last FOREVER! (That is, unless you accidentally render yourself unconscious by falling on your face attempting to walk on numb legs. That would mostlikely be my fate.)

Whats the best most painless (or tickleishless) way to get back to normal? What IS the magic cure?

I'd sit here and wait for answers, but I'm getting hungry. Maybe I'll army crawl to the refridgerator... :odd:

moocow
03-27-2003, 02:15 PM
I just move my legs around.

I remember one time when my feet were asleep... I got up to walk to the bathroom, and I stood for about 2 seconds. I was up, then down. Seriously. I fell on my face. *laughs*

Gerudo
03-27-2003, 02:21 PM
well, me feet/legs really never fall asleep... :)

when they doo, i just bounce them up and down (sorta like half-stomping) :thumbsup:

AlmostAngel
03-27-2003, 02:29 PM
*nods in agreement*

Perhaps I'll run like wind through my house like a banchee now. maybe that'll fix it. :giggle:

I wonder if it'll help if I flail my arms above my head while I do it. :googly:

Fiyerstorm
03-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Walk on your hands, lmao.

/me can imagine AA crashing into a bookshelf.

:)

AlmostAngel
03-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
Walk on your hands, lmao.

Fiyerstorm can imagine AA crashing into a bookshelf.

:)

Glad to know I bring you joy dear :lmao:

Me bumping into walls or bookcases Im sure cant compete with the stunts you pull off and survive... but thats a convo for another time babyboi :tongue:

Jigglysaint
03-27-2003, 03:15 PM
Well, half the time I wake up and I find I've sleeping on my hands, so it's as numb as a newbie(just an expression) so I just have to wait it out. I agree though, this feeling does suck and it's tough when your ciculation is bad, or whatever.

ShadowTiger
03-27-2003, 03:21 PM
D'OH! I was sitting outside of the science resource center, waiting for it to open to I could post on their PC's, but my legs were so asleep that I didn't even know they were asleep, and when I got up, I actually, literally, didn't know that I had a leg. :eek: Imagine just having one leg. I was actually limping. I didn't even know if me leg was going backwards or not........ hm. that would probably account for my apparent newfound agility. :odd: OK then. :eyebrow:

AlmostAngel
03-27-2003, 04:08 PM
So whoever's curious...

I did run like the wind through the house like a banchee...and...

It worked pretty darn well. :thumbsup: haha

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

System Error
03-27-2003, 04:41 PM
I only have my legs fall asleep when I'm sitting on the toilet too long, and when it happens, MY ENTIRE LEFT LEG FALLS ASLEEP!!!! Standing on it feels like an unstable walking stick, and when it does come to, I feel like BH4 does.

Axel
03-27-2003, 04:45 PM
actually I kinda like that tingly feeling...

Mercy
03-27-2003, 04:54 PM
The 'tickly' sensation is the the return of circulation to a previously stagnant portion of the body. What you are feeling is the sudden flux and the greater the flux, the greater the sensation. If you slow down the return of circulation, the sensation is less intense.

m.

AlmostAngel
03-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Mercy
The 'tickly' sensation is the the return of circulation to a previously stagnant portion of the body. What you are feeling is the sudden flux and the greater the flux, the greater the sensation. If you slow down the return of circulation, the sensation is less intense.

m.

Makes sense...I always thought it was cooler to run in slowmo anyway :D Thanks for the great explaination :)

Originally posted by Axel
actually I kinda like that tingly feeling...

*stare* :odd: I've never heard that before... wow interesting :D If I only had your ticklish tolerance.

Fiyerstorm
03-27-2003, 07:04 PM
If it makes you any happy, my arm just fell asleep...

I sit on the chair sideways with my left arm hanging on the top part of the chair...cuts...off...circulation..........gfshaigr efb .t/gjlm

Rijuhn
03-27-2003, 11:24 PM
I find myself trying to induce that ever-so-tingly sensation. It's fun I think! I enjoy feeling the pain at the end too. (Does that make me a sadist? j/k)

Seriously, it's fun to do when you're really bored, or you're stationary for a long time. I like to see how long I can keep the blood stagnant and how long it'll hurt like needles afterwards.