PDA

View Full Version : Multiquote

Shadowblazer
03-27-2003, 07:27 AM
This has been one of the most requested additions lately, so I finally broke down and added it. Basically, it allows you to quote multiple posts in a single thread. Usage is simple, you'll notice a checkbox next to the normal quote button in each post now. Simply check the boxes of all the posts you want to quote, and then click "New Reply," and all of the posts that you checked will be quoted in your reply.

Drunken Tiger
03-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Although i dont quote much, sb, i think this will eventually come in handy!! :p

Thanks SB!

AtmaWeapon
03-27-2003, 12:32 PM
I think I'm going to use this quite a bit! :) Thanks SB!

System Error
03-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Shadowblazer
This has been one of the most requested additions lately, so I finally broke down and added it. Basically, it allows you to quote multiple posts in a single thread. Usage is simple, you'll notice a checkbox next to the normal quote button in each post now. Simply check the boxes of all the posts you want to quote, and then click "New Reply," and all of the posts that you checked will be quoted in your reply.

Oh yeah! A faster, more efficent way of multiquoting!

Originally posted by Drunken Tiger

Thanks SB!

You said it!

Paradox
03-27-2003, 06:19 PM
now i can quote multiple people without having to copy/paste then manually add the [quote] tags! :giggle:

fatcatfan
03-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Awesome. much easier to take down the multiple anti-Bush folks now ;p

Cronic
03-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Now I can rip moronic asses to shreds without resorting to copy paste! w00t!

mikeron
03-27-2003, 11:39 PM
Now get off of your lazy ass and make a marquee qoute utility!!!

Thank you. :D

Shadowblazer
03-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Umm, no.

KJAZZ
03-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Yay! Thanks Shadowblazer! :D This will come in very handy, I've wanted this for a long time..Here's some toast for you! :toast:

ShadowTiger
03-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Yes. Thank you very much. :) This will surely come in handy in the ZC forums where I've set up camp. :)

fatcatfan
03-28-2003, 12:27 PM
The multiquote check-box does not appear in your minimalist postbit.

vegeta1215
03-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by fatcatfan

Last time I checked, the new star method implemented not long ago also doesn't work well in the minimalist post view.

btw, nice work with te multi quote :D

Shadowblazer
03-28-2003, 11:42 PM
I'll work on both of those sometime this weekend.

Masamune
03-29-2003, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by Drunken Tiger

Thanks SB!

Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
I think I'm going to use this quite a bit! :) Thanks SB!

Originally posted by System Error

Oh yeah! A faster, more efficent way of multiquoting!

You said it!

Originally posted by Paradox
now i can quote multiple people without having to copy/paste then manually add the [quote] tags! :giggle:

Awesome. much easier to take down the multiple anti-Bush folks now ;p

Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Now I can rip moronic asses to shreds without resorting to copy paste! w00t!

Originally posted by mikeron
Now get off of your lazy ass and make a marquee qoute utility!!!

Thank you. :D

Umm, no.

Originally posted by KJAZZ
Yay! Thanks Shadowblazer! :D This will come in very handy, I've wanted this for a long time..Here's some toast for you! :toast:

Originally posted by Britannianhero4
Yes. Thank you very much. :) This will surely come in handy in the ZC forums where I've set up camp. :)

Originally posted by vegeta1215

Last time I checked, the new star method implemented not long ago also doesn't work well in the minimalist post view.

btw, nice work with te multi quote :D

I'll work on both of those sometime this weekend.

neato! ^_^ although this could be a spammers best buddy... it's damn useful! ^_^

Thunderbird
03-30-2003, 04:41 AM
I think you demonstrated the spam issue :blah:.

This is probably one of the features I'll never use, but I still thank SB for taking the time to add something that others will find useful :).

Shadowblazer
03-30-2003, 07:58 AM
Done, though I don't really like the way I've arranged them. I had what I thought was a cool idea for displaying the stars, but it wasn't as easy to implement as I thought it'd be, HTML being a pain in the ass as usual. See, apparently using css to overlap images is pretty easy, but unfortunately, the browser still thinks that the images should be taking up as much space as they would if they weren't overlapping.

Anyway, multiquote and the new star system are now part of the minimalist postbit, but I'm going to have to take another look at how to arrange the stars, so expect that part to change in the near future. I do like the stacking effect so that'll probably stay. For now though, back to The Wind Waker :D